Wilmington, NC – Cape Fear Community College will host the Tournées French Film Festival, a program of the FACE (French American Cultural Exchange) Foundation, in partnership with the Cultural Services of the French Embassy, on CFCC’s Wilmington Campus from February 18-20 in the Union Station Auditorium (U-170).
The Tournées Film Festival aims to bring French cinema to American colleges and universities. Celebrating its 20th year, the Festival offers a wide variety of films that represent the best of French cinema.
“We are thrilled to bring to Wilmington some of France’s most critically-acclaimed feature films as examples of the rich cinematographic tradition in France,” said Caroline Hudson, CFCC French instructor. “It is such an opportunity to offer these seven high quality films free to our students and to the public thanks to two generous grants: one from the FACE Foundation for six films (French-American Cultural Exchange), and one from the CFCC Foundation for another film.”
Each year, the FACE Foundation provides nearly $200,000 in Tournées Film Festival grants to fund festival endeavors and has partnered with over 450 universities and colleges, reaching an audience of over 500,000 students and community members across the United States.
The screening schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, February 18, 2:00 p.m. – The Cave of Forgotten Dreams (La Grotte Des Reves Perdus), (rated G)
- Thursday, February 18, 6:00 p.m. – Because I was a Painter (Parce Que J’etais Peintre), (unrated)
- Friday, February 19, 2:00 p.m. – Daybreak (Le Jour Se Leve), (unrated, contains some violence)
- Friday, February 19, 6:00 p.m. – Girlhood (Bande de Filles), (unrated)
- Saturday, February 20, 2:00 p.m. – Augustine (Augustine), (unrated, contains some violence and sex)
- Saturday, February 20, 5:00 p.m. – Mood Indigo (L’ecume des Jours), (unrated)
- Saturday, February 20, 8:00 p.m. – The Connection (La French), (rated R)
All films are in French with English subtitles. All screenings are free and open to the public.
For more information visit http://cfcc.edu/global/french-film-festival/, or contact Caroline Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Autumn McGimsey at email@example.com.
Tournées Festival was made possible with the support of the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the US, the Centre National de la Cinématographie et de I’image Animée, and the Franco-American Cultural Fund.