Health Science students plan to get a 2 year Applied Sciences degree to obtain skills and employability toward working in their desired medical field.
Follow these simple steps to start your Admission process for CFCC.
1) Apply for Admission
- Current Health Science Pre-majors
- Submit your online application at least 2 weeks prior to registration
2) Submit official transcripts from high school/high school equivalency and all colleges attended
- Official transcripts are those in the sealed envelope from the awarding institution or electronically delivered via an approved third party vendor. All college transcripts are required regardless of whether or not transfer credit is requested. TranscriptRequestOtherSchools.docx
- High school transcripts must have the graduation date posted. NC GED transcripts may be ordered here.
- Foreign high school transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an accredited agency to verify their equivalency to a US high school diploma
- Foreign college transcripts must be translated and evaluated course-by-course by an accredited agency to determine if courses are comparable in credit hour and content to US credit/content. NOTE: If you do not want transfer credit, evaluations are not necessary. Submit an original copy of your transcript to the Admissions office
- Home school students must submit the home school’s approved registration card from the state in which the school is registered
- Mailing Address
Cape Fear Community College
Attention Admission Office
411 N. Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
3) Take the Placement Test
- Determine if you are exempt from testing.
- Placement Test Schedule
- Prepare for the test with free online study guide.
- A North Carolina high school graduation date less than 5 years old with an unweighted GPA of 2.6 or higher and the successful completion of specific math coursework will waive placement testing (beginning Fall 2016)
4) Set up your CFCC student account
- Log into the mycfcc.edu portal with your username and student ID. These will be mailed to you shortly after we receive your Admissions application
- Create a password for your account
- Check your email daily for important information and alerts
5) Apply for Financial Aid
- Log into the www.fafsa.gov website and complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Check your CFCC student email for notifications
6) Attend New Student Orientation/Registration
- Mandatory orientation sessions are held in July and December for new students by invitation only
- Returning students may view an online orientation presentation
- Register and pay for classes during the Orientation session
7) Review the Selective Enrollment Process for your Program
- Complete the additional program entrance requirements.
- Meet with a counselor to submit your Intent to Apply by the published deadline
- NOTE: Neither federal law nor North Carolina law permits undocumented individuals or those with DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals) classification to receive professional licenses. See 8 U.S.C. § 1621(a) and (c)(1)(A). This does not prevent a DACA student from enrolling in a Health Science program but will prohibit the student from receiving a professional license.