Special or Visiting Student
NOTE: All applicants (with the exception of Career and College Promise applicants) must complete a Residency Determination request to determine your tuition status (in state or out of state) prior to completing and submitting an Admissions application. Documentation may be required during this process. Click Tips for Completing Your Residency Determination for a list of information that may be required to submit the Residency Determination. Please have this information on hand prior to starting your Residency Determination.
Follow these simple steps to start your Admission process for CFCC.
1) Complete your Residency Application.
- You must complete a residency application to determine your tuition status.
- When you complete the residency application, you will get a 10-digit number called RCN (Residency Certification Number).
- Write it down.
- Enter your RCN on the Admissions application in the field where it asks for your RCN.
2) Apply for Admission
- Special credit courses are for non-degree seeking students attending part time only, and no financial aid is available
- Submit your online application at least 2 weeks prior to registration
- When completing your application, please select SPECIAL CREDIT as your major.
3) Submit official college transcripts only to meet prerequisites for the course(s) you want to take
- View the course descriptions in the back of our Catalog to determine prerequisites.
- Official transcripts are those in the sealed envelope from the awarding institution or electronically delivered via an approved third party vendor. TranscriptRequestOtherSchools.docx
- Foreign college transcripts must be translated and evaluated course-by-course by an accredited agency to determine if courses are comparable in credit hour and content to US credit/content in order to meet prerequisites.
- Mailing Address
Cape Fear Community College
Attention Admissions Office
411 N. Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
4) Take the Placement Test
- Needed only to meet prerequisites unless you qualify for a waiver with previous college credit or previous placement testing that meets our http://cfcc.edu/testing/placement-testing-frequently-asked-questions/
- Placement Test Schedule
5) Set up your CFCC student account
- Log into the mycfcc.edu portal with your username and student ID. These are mailed to you after we receive your Admissions application
- Create a password for your account
- Check your email daily for important information and alerts
6) Attend New Student Orientation/Registration (optional)
- Orientation sessions are held in July and December for new students by invitation only
- Returning students may view an online orientation presentation
- Register and pay for classes during the Orientation session or online