Special or Visiting Student
Follow these simple steps to start your Admission process for CFCC.
1) Apply for Admission
- Special credit courses are for non-degree seeking students attending part time only, and no financial aid is available
- Submit your online application at least 2 weeks prior to registration
- When completing your application, please select SPECIAL CREDIT as your major.
2) Submit official college transcripts only to meet prerequisites for the course(s) you want to take
- View the course descriptions in the back of our Catalog to determine prerequisites.
- Official transcripts are those in the sealed envelope from the awarding institution or electronically delivered via an approved third party vendor. TranscriptRequestOtherSchools.docx
- Foreign college transcripts must be translated and evaluated course-by-course by an accredited agency to determine if courses are comparable in credit hour and content to US credit/content in order to meet prerequisites.
- Mailing Address
Cape Fear Community College
Attention Admissions Office
411 N. Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
3) Take the Placement Test
- Needed only to meet prerequisites unless you qualify for a waiver with previous college credit or previous placement testing that meets our http://cfcc.edu/testing/placement-testing-frequently-asked-questions/
- Placement Test Schedule
4) Set up your CFCC student account
- Log into the mycfcc.edu portal with your username and student ID. These are mailed to you after we receive your Admissions application
- Create a password for your account
- Check your email daily for important information and alerts
5) Attend New Student Orientation/Registration (optional)
- Orientation sessions are held in July and December for new students by invitation only
- Returning students may view an online orientation presentation
- Register and pay for classes during the Orientation session or online