Skip Navigation
Cape Fear Community College logo

Vocational / Technical Track

Vocational/Technical students are working toward an Associate in Applied Science, Diploma, or Certificate in their desired technical field. These students plan to begin working after they complete their education in their field.

Follow these simple steps to start your Admission process for CFCC.

1) Apply for Admission

  • Current Voc Tech Programs within the Vocational/Technical Track
  • Submit your online application at least 2 weeks prior to registration

2) Submit official transcripts from high school/High School Equivalency/GED/AHS and all colleges attended as required by your program

  • Official transcripts are those in the sealed envelope from the awarding institution or electronically delivered via an approved third party vendor.  All college transcripts are required for degree and diploma programs regardless of whether or not transfer credit is requested.   Transcript requirements for certificate programs vary.  TranscriptRequestOtherSchools.docx
  • High school transcripts must have the graduation date posted. NC GED transcripts may be ordered here. Placement testing may be waived for NC graduates starting Fall 2015 with a high school graduation date less than 5 years old, an unweighted GPA of 2.6 or higher, and successful completion of specific math andEnglish courses.
  • Foreign high school transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an accredited agency to verify their equivalency to a US high school diploma
  • Foreign college transcripts must be translated and evaluated course-by-course by an accredited agency to determine if courses are comparable in credit hour and content to US credit/content.  NOTE:  If you do not want transfer credit, evaluations are not necessary.  Submit an original copy of your transcript to the Admissions office
  • Home school students must submit the home school’s approved registration card from the state in which the school is registered
  • Mailing Address
    Cape Fear Community College
    Attention Admission Office
    411 N. Front Street
    Wilmington, NC 28401

3) Take the Placement Test

4) Set up your CFCC student account

  • Log into the portal with your username and student ID.  These will be mailed to you shortly after we receive your Admissions application
  • Create a password for your account
  • Check your email daily for important information and alerts

5) Apply for Financial Aid

  • Log into the website and complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • Check your CFCC student email for notifications

6) Attend New Student Orientation/Registration

  • Orientation sessions are held in July and December for new students by invitation only
  • Returning students may view an online orientation presentation
  • Register and pay for classes during the Orientation session



Wilmington Campus
411 North Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401

North Campus
4500 Blue Clay Road
Castle Hayne, NC 28429

Burgaw Center
100 East Industrial Drive
Burgaw, NC 28425

Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm

Accessibility Services

Cape Fear Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation or age.