As we sail through life, donít avoid rough waters, sail on because calm waters wonít make a skillful sailor.
Coach, Mentor, Friend
Would you like to come onboard and join the CFCC Crew in aligning students’ sails, so that their academic career at CFCC is a meaningful and successful life experience. You can be instrumental in making a difference in our students lives just by generously giving approximately 20 minutes of your time each week.
Three Types of Coaching
- Educational or academic coaching focuses on improving students’ overall academic achievements
- Career coaching helps students develop the skills needed to enter or continue on a career path.
- Personal development coaching supports students during times of personal or social stress and provides guidance for decision-making.
Roles and Expectations
- checks in with shipmate regularly throughout the academic year
- assists shipmate with transition into college
- provides information on policies, procedures and resources
- introduces shipmate to support services, CFCC clubs and extracurricular activities which will enhance academic success and leadership skills
- helps shipmate to identify the skills needed to be successful at CFCC
- maintiain a contact log
Tips to Prevent Running Aground.
- Be flexible and available
- Avoid negative criticism
- Crew member is not responsible for all solutions to every problem
- Use good judgment when sharing personal information
- Compromising situations should be avoided at all times