English as a Second Language (ESL)
ATTENTION: Evening classes (Adult High School, ESL, and High School Equivalency Online) will not be held Wednesday January 3rd. Please continue to check cfcc.edu for closings and delays due to winter weather.
Located on the 1st floor of the McLeod (S) Building.
The ESL program is designed for adults whose native language is not English. Classes are designed to serve the needs of those individuals who have no English skills up to those who are advanced in English.
ESL classes help individuals develop skills to get a job, assist their children with schoolwork, better understand American culture and history, and improve communication skills.
All ESL classes are free of charge.
ESL Classes are located at:
- Wilmington Campus, 411 North Front Street, Wilmington
- North Campus, 4500 Blue Clay Road, Castle Hayne
- Burgaw Center, 100 E. Industrial Drive, Burgaw
- Alston W. Burke Center at Surf City, 621 NC Hwy 210 E., Hampstead
- Pender Arts Council, 108 E. Wilmington Street, Burgaw
- Willard Outreach Community Center, 9955 NC Hwy 11, Willard
Would you like to attend a morning class at the Surf City campus in Hampstead? Give us a call and let us know!
To enroll in an ESL class at the Wilmington Campus:
1. Attend an ESL Registration (schedule):
2. Be 18 or older (16 & 17 year olds can register with a signed and notarized parental consent form).
3. Bring a photo identification with birth date and signature
To enroll in an ESL class at one of the other locations:
ESL off-campus locations and enrollment: Click here
1. Arrive at the location at the beginning of class:
2. Be 18 or older (16 & 17 year olds can register with a signed and notarized parental consent form)
3. Bring: Photo identification with birth date and signature
For more information call Cindy or Fabiola at (910) 362-7184