Don’t let your students be the ones to notice problems in your online courses. As you are making copies and revisions for summer and fall, here are some reminders and new items to consider:
- Since CFCC is moving to the new portal (My.CFCC.edu) , remove references in your course to Campus Cruiser, including in the contingency plan.
- Do NOT use update Internet Explorer to version 9 yet, since Blackboard does not support it; doing so could result in display and functionality issues. Use Firefox or IE 8 instead.
- Review the “Preparing your summer and fall courses” post to help ensure that your courses are ready for the first day of class.
- If copying and pasting from a Word document, use the Paste from Word tool to remove excessive code that results display problems in some browsers.
- There are some lingering minor issues in Bb. For a list of these issues and work arounds or solutions, view the Blackboard Issues and Solutions document (pdf).
In addition to the items mentioned above, don’t forget about professional development opportunities from the Department of Distance Learning. In addition to Blackboard training, we offer workshops on course quality and eLearning applications.
If you would like to schedule a meeting with the DL instructional technologist to assist with course development, please contact Liz Stover at firstname.lastname@example.org or x7722.
You might also check out training from the LRC, where you can learn about exciting tools for your traditional and online courses.