As the first week of classes is quickly approaching, I wanted to send a few reminders:
About the Technology
- Blackboard is not yet certified for use with Internet Explorer 9 browser (see the list of known issues in this post for suggestions).
- Please check the Teaching with Blackboard page to find links for many great tutorials.
- Check Faculty Blackboard FAQ’s page for frequently asked questions.
- The DL Professional Development Schedule lists upcoming training opportunities (live and self-paced online).
About the Pedagogy
- The DL Course Development page offers resources to help you develop quality online courses.
- Contact Liz Stover if you would like assistance developing your online courses or locating resources to help deliver rich, interactive content.
New Items and Fun Stuff
- Create a Banner for Your Blackboard Course
Learn how to easily create a banner for your course using a free web-based image editor, Pixlr.
- Since CFCC now uses Gmail through the new portal, this also provides you with access to Google docs and YouTube (where you can post lectures and instructional multimedia), in addition to a number of other useful tools for your courses. Access these through My.CFCC.edu and click the Email link, which takes you the CFCC gmail, documents, etc.