Danielle Woods

Danielle Woods earned a BS in Biology, a BA in English, and a MA in English from UNC-Wilmington. Yes, I am a rarity who loves both the humanities and sciences. I have been teaching at Cape Fear Community College for three years.

I enjoy teaching CFCC’s composition courses, specifically English 111, English 112, and English 114. These courses give me the opportunity to share my passion for writing and reading with students. Writing well is crucial to communicating effectively and I am grateful to be able to share my skills with others. Whether I am teaching writing skills or studying literature, my ultimate goal is to connect what we are studying to my students’ everyday lives.

Although there are many attributes to teaching at a community college, I am most appreciative of the diversity among the students, faculty, and staff. This diversity gives us the chance to learn from each other and to become well-informed citizens, an ultimate goal of education.

When I am not teaching in the classroom or grading tons and tons of essays, I enjoy reading, writing, painting, kayaking, and of course, spending time at one of the beautiful nearby beaches.

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is you really want to say. ~Mark Twain

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.