7
Jun

Garden Recovery

Posted by: dsheret759   in Uncategorized

Sarracenia Leucophylla

Sarracenia Leucophylla

I took this photo yesterday while beginning some of the clean up of the park. The plant’s beauty reminds me just how special a place the Rehder Garden is.

I want to take time to first thank everyone for their concern and support and for the offers for donations to help us recover from the poaching. As soon as I can, I will be putting up a page for donations and other information about the garden. I hope to have a live cam placed in the coming weeks so you can see the work ongoing.  We are still working out the cooperative arrangement between the NC Coastal Land Trust, the City of Wilmington, and Cape Fear Community College. At present if you want to make a donation of seeds or live plants or other supplies you can send them directly to:

Cape Fear Community College

Geology program

C/O Daniel Sheret

411 North Front Street

Wilmington NC,28401

dsheret759@mail.cfcc.edu

Please mark “Perishable”

If you would like to contribute funds for the restoration and reward for information on the poaching please go to http://www.coastallandtrust.org/Flytrapfund

We can and will recover from this thanks to all that share the love and passion for such special plants.  Please check back each day for more news and photos from the Bog.

dan

This entry was posted on Friday, June 7th, 2013 at 11:51 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.