24
Aug

Back to School

Posted by: dsheret759   in Gem of the Day

Beautiful Color

Beautiful Color

Well classes have started here at CFCC, and with all this rain my work time  in the garden has been limited. I have been spending the time transplanting many of the carnivorous plants in the greenhouse as they have outgrown their pots. In addition, many of the  hundreds of seeds have sprouted and soon I will be thinking of  needing to transfer them as well.  As the growing season outside is coming to a close I am overall very pleased with the shape the Rehder Garden is in. When I started last May the tasked seemed a bit overwhelming, but as the weeks passed things have begun to take shape.

I am pleased to say that many of the Fly traps that were hidden under the overgrowth have grown well and have enjoyed the full sun. I have sown over 10,000 seeds and they are taking root and I expect that they too will do well over the winter. Still it is a different garden with all the loss from the poaching. I would like to say the the poaching ended however is continues.  We lost a lot of large Flava (pitcher plants) in the southern end, and someone has been steadily cutting seed pods until we have very few left for the garden to grow naturally. It is a sad shame and so frustrating to see each time I work in the garden that someone is doing such selfish acts.

Here are some photos of plants that will be placed in the garden come next spring

Pitcher Plants

Pitcher Plants

Full Greenhouse

Full Greenhouse

Ready for Planting

Ready for Planting

.

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 24th, 2013 at 3:44 pm and is filed under Gem of the Day. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.