Comments Off

Reggie BarnesReggie W. Barnes began attending Cape Fear Community College in 1981 and earned an associate degree in Business Administration in May 1983. At the time, Reggie had already established a career as a professional skateboarder and had enjoyed some impressive milestones. He placed in the top five in at least ten professional skating contests, including 1st place in the SUNDEK ProAm in Jacksonville, FL at Kona Skate Park and a third-place finish in the World Cup in 1987.

Reggie established Eastern Skateboard Supply (ESS) in 1985. ESS is a wholesale distributor of skateboards and surf accessories based out of Wilmington. The company supplies retail stores in all 50 states as well as international locations and proudly offers, “the most complete wholesale selection in America.” He also owns affiliates in Satellite Beach, Florida (Ocean Avenue Distribution) and a retail store in Raleigh (Endless Grind).

“Cape Fear was the perfect fit for me at that time of my life,” says Reggie. “And every day in my business I use what I learned from my associate’s degree. I also love seeing how the College has grown.”

Empower students.
Provide hope in our community.

Other News

Archives

CFCC Campus Fund: It’s Worth the Investment