The CFCC Campus Fund
The CFCC Campus Fund is supported year-round by the generous employees of Cape Fear Community College. In 2011, about 80% of full-time CFCC faculty and staff contributed to the fund, providing scholarships for students and support for CFCC’s mini-grants program. This participation demonstrates how dedicated and compassionate the employess are CFCC are, and sets a wonderful example for the students and community we serve.
The CFCC Foundation hosts a Campus Fund Drive each year during the month of September, but employees also donate year-round to commemorate birthdays and other special occasions, or as a memorial to loved ones. Want to make a gift to the Campus Fund yourself? Click the “Give Now” button to the right to get started.
2012 Campus Fund Drive Progress Update!
On behalf of the CFCC Foundation and our 2012 CFCC Campus Fund Co-Chairs Bob Philpott and Susan Booth, we would like to sincerely thank the 500+ employees who donated to the CFCC Campus Fund this month! More employees have supported the drive than ever before, and we have also had more teams with 100% participation. So far this fiscal year we have raised $77,000 and donations keep coming in!
Of course, none of this would be possible without the generous volunteers who coordinate the campaign, including our co-chairs Bob and Susan and fourty-four of your colleagues who served as team leaders. Please thank them for unselfishly giving their time to support this worthy effort!
Thank you again for “raising hopes and fulfilling dreams” for CFCC students!
CLICK HERE to view a great photo album of 2012 Campus Fund Drive moments!
WINNERS of the SUPER PRIZES:
- “Morning Buoy” 12″ by 24″ giclee print from David Chappell: Roger Daye
- “Adoring Fan” 7″ by 20″ giclee print from Wes Gubitz: Sandi Keith
- Necklace of hand-etched Cambodian silver beads by Jill Lahnstein: Robby McGee
- 2 passes to the Biltmore Estate plus full-color illustrated guide: Aimee Abeyta
- $50 gift certificate to The Basics plus 2 tickets to a Thalian Hall performance: Bridget Floyd
- $100 gift certificate to Big Thai restaurant: Kevin Baldwin
- $250 gift certificate to Albert F. Rhodes jewelry: Rosemary Howryla
- 2 night stay at Hilton Wilmington Riverside with free parking and breakfast coupons: Eleanor Davis
WINNERS of 2012 Campus Fund Drive Prizes:
- $25 gift certificate to San Juan Cafe: Susan Zenner & Kimberly Bageant
- $25 gift card to AAA Travel Store and a Uniworld Cruises travel bag: Ryan Mantlo
- $20 gift card to Jason’s Deli: Gayle Bordeaux, Gail Strickland & Alicia Ruginis
- $100 “party starter” package at Fox & Hound: Keith Wilson
- $20 gift certificate to Occasions stationery store: Mark Gray & Dom Friant
- $20 gift certificate to Waffle House and 2 coffee mugs: Tommie Casey & Mike Smith
- One dozen doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and a vintage Waffle House coffee mug: Phillip Bannow & Bret Herring
- Free oil change, fluid check and tire rotation from Tony Harker Automotive: Tim Vandenberg
- Hand-turned mahogany pen with gold tone accents by CFCC student Joseph Seltzer and Kids Making It: Garrett Baltezegar
- Scented bath salts and hand cream gift bag from Crabby Chic: Cheryl Fetterman
- Redken products gift basket and free haircut from Salon 02: Ann Langdon
- Quilted tote bag from R & D Designs: Laura Currie
- Bracelet and earring set from Kelly Reid: Julie Smith
- $10 gift certificate from Fat Tony’s: Tony Hardy
- $20 gift certificate from Harris Teeter: Cindy Fisher
- $20 gift certificate from Jason’s Deli: Alicia Ruginis
- $25 gift card from El Cerro Grande: Chuck McDowell
- $25 gift card from Island’s Fresh Mex Grille: Jason Chaffin
- $25 gift certificate from Nick’s Diner: Shawn Dixon
- Professional haircut and style at Salon 02 ($50 value): Barbara Brown
- 1 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts: Tracy Ward & Erica Reynolds
- 1 batch of homemade “Tuggie brownies” from Tuggie Hickmon: Kevin Baldwin
- 1 homemade pound cake from Tuggie Hickmon: Lynn Ezzell
- Free oil change from Randy’s Auto Service: Raven Bruno
- Set of fourteen hand-made notecards and set of Holiday gift tags from Pat Caban: Jen Civelli
- Pedicure gift set from Mary Kay representative Heather Rusmisell-Braswell: Linda Kapotic
- Turquoise and silver fashion scarf from the Julia: Liz Mantooth
- Color print of Cape Fear river by Conrad Pope: Lu Gentry
2012 Campus Fund Drive
A letter from your Campus Fund Drive Co-Chairs.
First and foremost thank you for everything you do on a daily basis to support the mission of Cape Fear Community College! You already demonstrate your commitment to the students of CFCC through your ongoing work on their behalf. However, we hope that you will also consider a gift to the CFCC Campus Fund to help further provide the financial assistance that sustains our students and provides support for innovative academic programs through the College’s mini-grant program.
Our annual CFCC Campus Fund Drive will kick off on Tuesday, September 4th, with a preview at the August 16th In-Service for faculty and staff. Over forty of your colleagues have agreed to serve as Campus Fund Drive team leaders, and one of them will contact you soon about the opportunity to give and support the students and academic programs of the college. The theme for the drive this year is “Raising Hopes. Fulfilling Dreams.”
We will stress a couple of things. First is the need to generate donations: we have established $80,000 as our campaign goal. We will also stress participation. No donation is too small. Giving the staff of the CFCC Foundation the ability to say that 100% of our faculty and staff participated in our employee campaign will be a powerful tool for them as they go into our community to support our college. Do not underestimate the power of that participation.
We are looking forward to working with you during this campaign! Please don’t hesitate to let us know of any questions, concerns or help you need. Let’s make this a successful and fun way to help our college family in Raising Hopes and Fulfilling Dreams for the students we serve.
Your 2012-13 Campus Fund Drive Co-Chairs
About your CFCC Campus Fund gifts:
- CFCC Campus Fund gifts support CFCC students – through scholarships, department mini-grants and support to academic programs and Sea Devil athletics.
- Our students need and appreciate our help! 80 percent of CFCC students apply for financial assistance.
- Every gift – no matter how big or small – makes a difference. Sometimes the cost of one textbook is enough to keep a student from succeeding in class.
- A gift of $1,500 provides tuition and books for a CFCC student for one semester. This equals about $5 per work day – less than the cost of eating a fast-food meal.
- In 2011-12, the generous employees of CFCC set an example for student support with an amazing 80 percent giving rate, raising over $80,000 during the CFCC Campus Fund Drive in September and a total of $95,000 for the year.
- Your generosity shows the greater community that our employees believe in our mission and helps the CFCC Foundation take the message of “Raising Funds, Raising Hopes and Fulfilling Dreams” to an even broader audience.
- You can donate to the CFCC Campus Fund all year and make donations to honor or remember friends and family on special occasions or holidays. We will even send an acknowledgement card to your honoree to inform them about your gift!
- Your support of CFCC students is an investment in the local community. Most CFCC graduates remain in the area and add to the local economy. One out of every seven county residents has taken classes at CFCC in the past year.