The CFCC Campus Fund
Click to downloadÂ the Contribution Form.
The CFCC Campus Fund isÂ supported year-round by the generous employees of Cape Fear Community College.Â In 2012-13, about 80%Â of full-time CFCC faculty and staffÂ contributed to the fund,Â raising almost $84,000 toÂ provide scholarships for students,Â support for CFCC’s mini-grants program, and funds for professional development for staff members. This participationÂ demonstrates how dedicated and compassionate the employess are CFCC are, and sets aÂ wonderfulÂ exampleÂ for the students and community we serve.
The CFCC Foundation hosts a Campus Fund Drive each year during the month of September, but employees alsoÂ donate year-round toÂ commemorateÂ birthdays and otherÂ special occasions, or as a memorial toÂ loved ones. Want to make a gift to the Campus Fund yourself?Â Click the “Give Now” button to the right to get started.
2013-14 Campus Fund Drive
A letter from yourÂ Campus FundÂ Advisory Board
First and foremost thank you for everything you do on a daily basis to support the mission of Cape Fear Community College! You already demonstrate your commitment toÂ the students of CFCC through your ongoing work on their behalf.Â However, we hope that you will also consider a gift to the CFCC Campus Fund to help further provide the financialÂ assistance that sustains our students and provides support for innovative academic programs through the College’s mini-grant program.
Our annual CFCC Campus Fund Drive will kick off on Tuesday, September 3rd, with a preview at the August 14th In-Service for faculty and staff. Over forty-five of your colleagues have agreed to serve as Campus Fund Drive team leaders, and one of them will contact you soon about the opportunity to give and support the students and academic programs of the college. The theme for the drive this year is “CFCC Campus Fund 2013-14: It’s Worth the Investment.” We will stress a couple of things. First is the need to generate donations: we have established $88,000 as our campaign goal. We will also stress participation. No donation is too small. GivingÂ the staff of the CFCC FoundationÂ the ability to say that 100% of our faculty and staff participated in our employee campaign will be a powerful tool for them as they go into our community to support our college. Do not underestimate the power of that participation.
We are looking forward to working with you during this campaign! Please don’t hesitate to let us know of any questions, concerns or help you need. Letâ€™s make this a successful and fun way to help our college family in Raising Hopes and Fulfilling Dreams for the students we serve.
Your 2013-14 Campus Fund Advisory Board
Susan Booth, Chair
About your CFCC Campus Fund gifts:
- CFCC Campus Fund gifts support CFCC students â€“ through scholarships, department mini-grants and support to academic programs and Sea Devil athletics.
- Our students need and appreciate our help! 80 percent of CFCC students apply for financial assistance.
- Every gift â€“ no matter how big or small â€“ makes a difference. Sometimes the cost of one textbook is enough to keep a student from succeeding in class.
- A gift of $1,500 provides tuition and books for a CFCC student for one semester. This equals about $5 per work day â€“ less than the cost of eating a fast-food meal.
- In 2012-13, the generous employees of CFCC set an example for student support with an amazing 80 percent giving rate, raising over $77,000 during the CFCC Campus Fund Drive in September and a total of almost $84,000 for the year.
- Your generosity shows the greater community that our employees believe in our mission and helps the CFCC Foundation take the message of â€œRaising Funds, Raising Hopes and Fulfilling Dreamsâ€ to an even broader audience.
- You can donate to the CFCC Campus Fund all year and make donations to honor or remember friends and family on special occasions or holidays. We will even send an acknowledgement card to your honoree to inform them about your gift!
- Your support of CFCC students is an investment in the local community. Most CFCC graduates remain in the area and add to the local economy. One out of every seven county residents has taken classes at CFCC in the past year.
Congratulations to our 100% Teams!
Prizes! Fun! Incentives! You could be a winner this September!
- Pledge or give a gift of any amount during the September 2013 Fund Drive to get in the drawing for numerous prizes!
- Pledge or give a gift of $250 or more to qualify for all regular prizes, plus SUPER PRIZES!
- Make all or part of your gift â€œunrestrictedâ€ to qualify for another SPECIAL PRIZE! Part-time employees must give at least $50 to unrestricted; Full-time employees must give at least $100 to unrestricted.
- Receive a special bonus gift for all first-time donors to the CFCC Campus Fund!
This year’s winners (updated weekly):
$25 El Cerro Grande gift certificate: Donald Wilson
$20 Occasions: Just Write! gift certificate: Rhoda Tighe
$20 Ezzelle’s gift certificate: Edward Teaster
CFCC t-shirt andÂ two “Faddi’s” at Firebelly Lounge: Patti Lewis, Mary Tillery and Bonnie McGlauflin
Payton AndrewsÂ semi-precious gem bracelet: Keenan Jones, Wes DeBruhl,Â Lavone Lane, Amy Rutherford, Darryl Nester
Free oil change and tire rotation from Tony Harker automotive: Bret Hering
$10 Bojangles gift card: Nathan Llaneza and Susan Stern
1 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts: Marie Bergh-Cook, Nick Blair
One hand-turned Joseph SelzerÂ wooden pen: Jackie Foster, Lauren Wilson, Jennifer McBride
“Willow Tree” figurine: Gayle Bordeaux and Bill Keach
Home-made pound cake by Tuggie Hickmon: Mike Taylor
Home-made brownies by Tuggie Hickmon: Sara Kardbacheck
$20 Harris TeeterÂ gift certificate: Lewis Stroud
$25 San Juan Cafe gift certificate: Cindy Ramsey
Gift Certificate for fruit bouquet from Edible Arrangements: Gena McKinley
$10 On a Roll gift certificate: Kathy Reeves, Anita McKoy
T-Shirt and gift certificate from J. Michael’s Philly Deli: Sara Stone
T-shirt, mug with coffee and $20 gift certificate to Waffle House: T Worrell and Tenesha Parker
Insulated “Sea Devils” Cooler from R&D designs, Sea Devil t-shirt and stuffed logo: Julie Smith
Why are unrestricted gifts so important to the College?
CFCC mini-grants and professional development opportunities for staff are funded from unrestricted giving. Over the past few years, fewer mini-grants have been awarded because the CFCC Foundation has received fewer unrestricted gifts. While designated gifts are most appreciated, unrestricted gifts also allow the CFCC Foundation to support under-represented academic programs and meet unexpected student needs.