CFCC Student Ambassadors
2013-2014 CFCC Student Ambassadors
AMBASSADOR APPLICATION PACKETS ARE DUE AT THE END OF THE MONTH!!! GET YOURS TURNED IN TODAY!!!
Â We are currently seeking applications for theÂ 2014-2015 CFCC Student AmbassadorÂ team very soon!Â Please see the links to your right to download the application packet andÂ recommendation forms.Â The deadline for applications andÂ recommendations is March 28, 2014.
“I would totally recommend this program to others! Regardless of a studentâ€™sÂ level of confidence or school involvement, being a student ambassador will drastically improve those levels!”Â
“Being a student ambassador has opened so many doors for me! Iâ€™ve been able to meet people and do things that I may never have done had I not been an ambassador. It has been an enormous honor to serve CFCC andÂ has been hugely fulfilling!”
“I have loved being a CFCC Student Ambassador. It’s greatÂ to feel that I was part of something bigger than myself.”
According toÂ pre-and post-experience surveys of theÂ Ambassador teams, ambassadors showed improvement inÂ areasÂ such asÂ communication skills, professionalism & customer service, leadership & personal development.
EachÂ spring semester, the CFCC Foundation selects a team ofÂ student ambassadorsÂ to represent the College and the Foundation at a variety ofÂ events such as student registration and orientation, donor recognition events, and graduation ceremonies.
Candidates for the CFCC Student Ambassador team must complete an application package and submit three letters of recommendation from faculty and staff of the College and other mentors from external sources. A committee appointed by the Executive Director of the CFCC Foundation interviews ambassador candidates and selects students to serve in the following year. Extensive training for new ambassadors is held during the summer.
Ambassadors receive scholarship fundsÂ which may be appliedÂ toward their tuition, fees and books. Official items of clothing are also provided. Applications for the Ambassador program are available to students in February of each year. For more information, see the links to your right.
- Serve as a resource for current and prospective students
- Host on-campus visits and give campus tours
- Assist withÂ several CFCC Foundation events and functions each semester
- CommunicateÂ regularly with the Foundation office
- Serve as orientation leaders atÂ orientation sessions for students andÂ parents
- Facilitate and assist with registration and graduation
- Communicate with donors via phone and one-on-one contact
- Attend student ambassador training sessions and meetings
- Work with various campus departments as needed
- Be enthusiastic, motivated, creative, friendly, and possess leadership qualities
- Possess good written, interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Enjoy representing the college and be able to effectively present the positive attributes of CFCC
- Be sensitive to the needs of current and potential students
- Be able to work well with others in a team environment
- Be able to attend and/or hostÂ three to five day or evening events on behalf of the Foundation office per academic semester
- Be a current full-time CFCC student who will have successfully completed at least two semesters at CFCC prior to ambassadorship term which begins in May
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours minimum) in good academic standing at CFCC for the upcoming fall and spring semesters
- Meet and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.