Cape Fear Bond: Rise of the Undead-Zombie-Site.

In the fall of 2008 Cape Fear region voters overwhelmingly voted yes to enact a 146 million dollar bond that would allow Cape Fear Community College to build new classroom buildings and dramatically expand it’s capability to offer educational services to the region.

At that time I had created a brochure site to help promote the bond and the college. That site is still up, lurching through the internet in undead grotesqueness. It is un-updated, un-loved  and you can see it here.

It needs to come down.

However, we still have the domain and being the forward thinker that I am I had envisioned a year ago that the site would transform into a informational entity that would provide all kinds of fun information about the bond projects and their progress.

I am forward thinking and busy too. The site got back-burner-ed until just recently.

So, here’s the plan. I’m going to bring this site back from the undead. The new site is going to be a wicked WP theme with all the trimmings. There’s a possibility that we may have a web cam recording some of the construction action.  (Budgetary concerns keep that on the fence though). Each project will be a post category to keep the navigation obvious and I have some clever ideas in mind for pushing post content to the front page.

I don’t want to give it all away just yet. I’ll let you infer what you want from the mock up.

Speaking of which.

First draft mock-up for the upcoming re-vamped Cape Fear Bond website