Nov. 5, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
This month, Cape Fear Community College invites the public to celebrate Native American heritage and culture throughout the month of November by attending and participating a number of events.
Cape Fear Community Collegeâ€™s Native American Heritage Month Committee is dedicated to the continued recognition and preservation of the local, state, and national cultural traditions of Native American communities.
According to CFCC geology instructor, Phil Garwood, who coordinates the events,Â CFCC is “honored to host a series of cultural events every November as we pay tribute to the original peoples of this land.”
All events are free and open to the public.
The events include:
- Native American “Water” Tribes of the Louisiana Gulf Coast and the Impact of the BP Oil Spill
Cape Fear Student Sociological Society Presentation
Tuesday, Nov. 9th
CFCC L-107 (3pm â€“ 4pm)
- Artifact Workshop with CFCC Anthropology Students
Call for reservations: 254-5278
Wednesday, Nov. 10th
CFCC L-228 (12pm â€“ 4pm)
- Forum: Native American Holocaust with CFCC Humanities Students
Hosted by Rabbi Apple, with guest Teddy Draper, Jr.
Thursday, Nov. 11th
CFCC S-002 (6pm â€“ 8pm)
- A Conversation with Teddy Draper, Jr.
Visiting Navajo Artist & Scholar
Monday, Nov. 15th
CFCC N-202 (3pm â€“ 4:30pm)
- Native American Heritage Month Program Children’s Museum of Wilmington Craft Activities
Nov. 16th – Nov. 19th
116 Orange St. (3:45pm â€“ 5pm)
- Forum: Climate Control
Wednesday, Nov. 17th
CFCC Auditorium S-002 (1pm â€“ 3pm)
- Waccamaw-Siouan Dancers
Friday, Nov. 19th
CFCC Library (2:30pm)
- Native American Heritage Month Program Children’s Museum of Wilmington
Youth Parade Closing Ceremony with the Waccamaw-Siouan Dancers
Friday, Nov. 19th
116 Orange St. (4pm)
- Point/Artifact Identification
Saturday, Nov. 20th
CFCC Library (10am â€“ 2pm)
- A Campus Art Show Celebrating Native American Heritage Month
Friday, Oct. 29th through Tuesday, Nov. 23rd
For more details, contact 362-7111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.