Cape Fear Community college has established several resources for students and employees to use to find out the most up to date status of classes in case of inclement weather or other campus emergency.
When a closing or delay is announced, information will be distributed using the following methods:
- A message will be posted in the “News and Events” Â section of www.cfcc.edu
- A pop-up message will appear in the “myCFCC” online portal
- A message will be posted to the CFCC Facebook and Twitter page
- A text message will be sent to students and employees who sign up for the service through “myCFCC”
- A voice message will be recorded at (877) 799-2322.
- Local news media will be contacted
Note to Students:Â
While the College makes every effort to provide a safe environment on campus, the College does not take responsibility for student safety while traveling to and from campus. During periods of inclement or hazardous weather, students must use their best judgment when deciding to come to class. College officials do not expect students to take extreme risks to their personal safety to attend class. However, if a student chooses not to come to class due to inclement weather when the college is open, the student will be counted as absent in accordance with the course syllabus (see the Attendance Policy on page 19 of the college catalog).