While many teachers post power points, lecture notes, or assignments on Blackboard, it’s also great to have a study buddy. Early in each new semester swap contact information with a few students in each of your classes.
- In case of absence collect handouts for each other.
- Email your buddy and let them know what they missed in class.
- Work on group projects together.
- Ask questions about assignments or content.
- Prepare for exams together.
You might feel shy at first about setting up study buddy but I encourage you to just do it! You’ll likely see familiar faces in each of your classes as you move through your program of study. You can have the same buddy for many classes instead of having to start over each time. Being a student is your job right now and developing and maintaining collaborative relationships is essential in the workforce.