October 28th, 2015 by sngaither82
Students choosing not to attend any or all of their classes are required to drop the classes themselves to avoid being charged for them and receiving a No Show for the class.
A pre-registered curriculum student who officially drops from any/or all classes prior to the first day of the College’s academic semester will be eligible for a 100 percent tuition refund.
A pre-registered curriculum student who officially drops from any/or all classes during the period starting from the first day and ending on the 10% day of the academic semester will be eligible for a 75 percent tuition refund.
Students may drop classes online using WebAdvisor or may complete a drop card in-person at the Registrar’s Office at either campus. Once classes start, access to WebAdvisor is no longer available for any registration/drop activity. All drops will need to be done in-person at the Registrar’s Office after classes start. The effective date of the drop is the day the Registrar’s office receives the form.
September 4th, 2015 by sngaither82
Are you due a refund from CFCC? Sign up in WebAdvisor for Direct Deposit.
- Log In to your Webadvisor account and select the student menu
- Under “Financial Information” select Bank Information (U.S.)
- Enter your banking information as requested and check the box beside “I agree”
- Review information and click “OK” if it is correct
If you sign up for direct deposit, your refund will be deposited into your account on September 25th. If not, a check will be placed in the mail on September 25th.
September 3rd, 2015 by sngaither82
Please make sure your address is correct and up-to-date with the college. The following Business Office items are sent by mail:
- Financial Aid refund checks not direct deposited (address must be updated by Wednesday, September 16, 2015, checks will be mailed September 25, 2015).
- Tuition refunds not paid by credit card or direct deposited.
You can view your current address in WebAdvisor by selecting the “My Profile” link under Academic Profile. To update your address in WebAdvisor, select the “Address Change” link under User Account.
You may also update your address by completing a “Change of Address Form” with the Student Services Office at the Downtown Campus or North Campus.