Starting January 5th, 2015 Web Services will begin to deploy a brand-new design and look for CFCC.edu. The new design will appear first on the CFCC.edu homepage with the new theme rolling out to other sites in the CFCC.edu network throughout January and February.
CFCC.edu will continue to use WordPress as a Content Management System.
Site Admins will continue to work with their web pages just as they do now.
For the majority of websites in the CFCC.edu network this change will be cosmetic and will only update the look and feel of the webpages. In some cases additional work may be needed to ensure content is formatted properly so there is no disruption of services.
Implementing the new look and feel will take place over a period of several weeks during the spring semester.
- There are over 90 live websites in the CFCC.edu network and over 2300 pages so the new design will be rolled out in phases.
- Each website will require a theme update, configuration, and evaluation for quality.
- Stakeholders will be informed of the impending change, and consulted on improving available content.
- There should be little to no down time for each site.
- As sites come online, web services will engage with stakeholders to do focus group testing and revise based on feedback.
The following sites will be updated starting in January:
- CFCC.edu and Associated Pages
- Student Services
- Continuing Education
- President’s Office
- Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
Support websites will be updated in February – March:
- College Transfer
- Online Learning
- Learning Lab
- Student Clubs and Activities
- TV Studio
- (All Other Support Sites)
Departmental and Academic websites will be updated in March – through the rest of the semester.
Web Services will be in touch with each of you as the new design comes online. We look forward to having the opportunity to improve the content and usability of CFCC.edu for all users.
As always we strive to improve and evolve. Feedback and support from our community is especially needed as updates and improvments to the CFCC.edu website will continue throughout the spring semester. If you have questions or concerns please contact Web Services at email@example.com .