Terms and Conditions
By enrolling in the payment plan, you agree to these terms and conditions:
- Pending financial aid will not reduce your balance due or payment amount until it is credited to your student account balance. You are responsible for notifying the Business Office 5 business days prior to your scheduled payment date to deactivate your agreement when your financial aid is awarded.
- Payment plan agreements are valid only for one semester. You must enroll in the payment plan each semester.
- The payment plan covers curriculum tuition & fees only – it does not cover books.
- You must be enrolled in the payment plan by the required tuition deadline date. Students not financially cleared by that day may be purged from their classes for non-payment. Please be aware of payment deadlines.
- A $25 per semester, non-refundable payment plan enrollment fee and any applicable down payment will be deducted from your bank account/credit card immediately. Please plan accordingly.
- Down payments or enrollment fees returned for any reason will result in termination of your payment plan agreement by Nelnet and you will not be able to use this service.
- There is a $30 “returned items” fee for any payment that is returned due to insufficient funds or any other reason. The College is in no way responsible for these fees since it is the student’s and/or responsible party’s responsibility to be sure that the appropriate payment amount is available for withdrawal on the designated payment date.
- Returned payments will automatically be reprocessed on the next 5th or 20th of the month, regardless of when your next scheduled payment is.
- Payment Plan payments may take up to 10 business days from the time drawn on your bank account/credit card before they are posted to your student account.
- Once the payment plan is established by the student or responsible party, the agreement is a binding contract for payment for that semester. Only courses that are dropped and processed in the Registrar’s office prior to the first day of courses for the semester will be eligible for a 100% refund.
- Classes will not be canceled and payment will be due even if you do not attend.
- The payment plan will cover any schedule changes made to the student’s account (drop/adds).
- Classes dropped after the first day of the semester will result in the student owing 25% for tuition and fees. Withdrawal after the 75% refund period will result in the student owing 100% for their classes.
- Refunds of payments will be handled in accordance with the college refund policies. Refunds will be in the form of a check payable to the student, not the responsible party on the payment plan agreement. This includes payments made by credit card or ACH.
- If payment arrangements are not met, your account will be returned to Cape Fear Community College and turned over to the N.C. Attorney General’s Office, a state-contracted collection agency and the N.C. Department of Revenue pursuant to N.C.G.S. 105A, the Set-off Debt Collection Act, for Collection. The student will be responsible for any collection agency costs or fees incurred in the collection of this account.
All Cape Fear Community College Collection Policies apply to past-due Payment Plan accounts.