Start…Your Job Search
- Create a free account at CAREER CONNECTIONTM.
- Upload your résumé which can be used to apply online.
- Search the database by job title, type of industry/business, keywords and other fields. You’ll find detailed job descriptions with information on how to respond to the listing, as well as company profiles.
Another site many employers will post openings is LinkedINTM. When using this, remember it’s a business networking platform. So, keep it business – not social! A few tips when setting up your account. The “free” version is sufficient for many to get started.
- Upload a professional picture.
- Include accurate data that is edited for punctuation and grammar.
- Update it routinely when you add to your professional skills/experiences.
REMINDER: Clean up all social media sites that could be previewed by potential recruiters, employers or colleges you may be applying to beyond CFCC.
OTHER ONLINE JOB SEARCH SITES
Finding a job is a full-time job. It’s more than looking on-line. In fact, that is the least likely way to land a job! Remember, your first professional job may not be the “dream” job, but is launching you in the right direction. CFCC Career Development team members are available to assist with:
- Creating or revising your résumé
- Preparing for an interview
- Researching employers
- Gaining work-based experiences
- Reviewing your on-line presence
- Networking with professionals
- Strategically managing your job search
- Effectively using social media
ALUMNI: As a graduate, you may access Career Development Services indefinitely, including Career ConnectionTM and its job postings. You can use your CFCC account, or create an account at the login page.
CFCC Career Development Services strives to adhere to the Principles of Professional Practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Employers and students should also adhere to its principles while engaging in processes and services related to Career Development. These principles can be found here: http://www.naceweb.org/principles/.
DISCLAIMER: These employment listings do not constitute an endorsement of particular employers or persons using this service provided by CFCC. Employers and job-seekers are responsible for making their own inquiries about employers, job-seekers and all opportunities listed herein.