Start…Your Job Search
Looking for part-time, full-time, seasonal, internship or work study opportunities? Start by using College Central NetworkTM which connects students to regional employers with job openings. It’s as easy as…
- Create a free account at COLLEGE CENTRAL NETWORK.
- Upload your résumé which can be used to apply online.
- Search the database by job title, type of industry/business, keywords and other fields. You’ll find detailed job descriptions with information on how to respond to the listing, as well as company profiles.
*NOTE: You must be approved for CFCC Campus Work Study opportunities through the Financial Aid Department. When completing the FAFSA, you may indicate your interest in on-campus employment through work study. Employment cannot be guaranteed.
CFCC CAREER DEVELOPMENT SERVICES CAN HELP WITH YOUR JOB SEARCH
Finding a job is a full-time job. It’s more than looking on-line. In fact, that is the least likely way to land a job! Remember, your first professional job may not be the “dream” job, but is launching you in the right direction. CFCC Career Development team members are available to assist with:
- Creating or revising your résumé
- Preparing for an interview
- Researching employers
- Gaining work-based experiences
- Reviewing your on-line presence
- Networking with professionals
- Strategically managing your job search
- Effectively using social media
USING LinkedIN TO HELP YOU NETWORK
Another site many employers will post openings is LinkedIN. When using this, remember it’s a business networking platform. So, keep it business – not social! A few tips when setting up your account. The “free” version is sufficient for many to get started.
- Upload a professional picture.
- Include accurate data that is edited for punctuation and grammar.
- Update it routinely when you add to your professional skills/experiences.
- Tap into the power of “who you know”…on LinkedIN.
Printable Handout: NetworkingHandoutCCN
OTHER ONLINE JOB SEARCH SITES
ALUMNI: As a graduate, you may access Career Development Services indefinitely, including College Central NetworkTM and its job postings. You can use your CFCC account, or create an account at the login page.
CFCC Career Development Services strives to adhere to the Principles of Professional Practice set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Employers and students should also adhere to its principles while engaging in processes and services related to Career Development. These principles can be found here: http://www.naceweb.org/principles/.
DISCLAIMER: These employment listings do not constitute an endorsement of particular employers or persons using this service provided by CFCC. Employers and job-seekers are responsible for making their own inquiries about employers, job-seekers and all opportunities listed herein.