Adult High School Program
AHS Online (APEX)
Check AHS calendar for upcoming registrations.
* Room and time will be noted on students' schedules.
Courses Offered Online:
- English 1-4
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry, Integrated Math
- Biology, Earth & Space Science, Physical Science
- US Government, US History, World History
- Electives: Art Appreciation, Psychology, and Geography
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I take online courses before registering for the AHS program? No, all students must first be registered in the AHS program by attending an AHS registration/orientation.
- How many classes can I take per session? Each student can take up to 3 courses each session. A student can take 2 classes on-campus and 1 online, or a student can take 1 class on-campus and 2 classes online.
- Do I have to come to campus at all? Yes, 2 times. A student must attend the online registration, and the online final exam. All of the above requirements are mandatory. Dates for the on-campus meetings will be provided at registration.
- Where can I access my online classes? A student can access online classes anywhere there is a computer with Internet access. (There is no longer any need to download software.)
- Is there an Instructor? Yes. The Instructor is in contact with each student at least once per week to monitor hours, and discuss each student’s progress. The Instructor also holds office hours twice per week on Tue/Thur from 11:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. in S-116.
- How much time is required each week to complete assignments? 8 hours per week are required for each online course. Inactive students will be dropped from their course at the discretion of the instructor and/or program coordinator. 64 hours are required in each online course by the end of the session.
- If I complete a course early, can I begin an additional course in the same session? No, students can only complete a maximum of 2 courses online per 9-week session.
- Do I have to do anything before the registration date? A student can pre-register by calling the AHS office at 910-362-7182. Pre-registering will allow a student to complete registration faster. Each student must still attend registration.
Apex Website (www.apexvs.com)
For more information contact Julie Williams, Online Assessment Retention Specialist.
Phone: 910-362-7178 or E-mail: email@example.com