Adult Basic Education and Diploma Exam Preparation
Located on the 1st floor of the McLeod (S) Building
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program is designed for adults who wish to upgrade their reading, writing, and math skills. Once a student has built his/her skills up to the 9th grade level, he/she can enter into the AHS or Diploma Exam Prep program.
The Diploma Exam Prep program is designed for adults whose academic skills are 9th grade or above, who have not completed high school, and who wish to earn their high school equivalency diploma.
All classes are FREE and offer GED Ready™ Official Practice Tests at no cost to eligible students.
Students receive instruction for the 4 parts of the exam:
• Reading and Language Arts
• Social Studies
To enroll in ABE classes or Diploma Exam Prep classes:
- Attend a Registration (schedule):
If 18 or older you must bring:
- Photo identification with birthdate and signature.
- Social Security Card
If 16 or 17, you must also bring:
- Official school withdrawal form for New Hanover County
- Official school withdrawal form for schools outside of New Hanover or Pender Counties
- Official school withdrawal form for Pender County
• Notarized Parental Consent Form
Parent or Legal Guardian must attend registration with the student
2. Attend Corresponding Orientation Dates (schedule).
*Please note New Hanover County Students must have their withdrawal signed by their school official and the New Hanover County Superintendent Designee located at Mosley Performance Learning Center.
- Wilmington (downtown campus)
- Wilmington (North Campus)
- Burgaw Campus
- Express Enrollment Off Campus Locations in New Hanover and Pender Counties
For more information, click on the links below or call (910) 362-7179 or (910) 362-7141.
ABE-Diploma Exam Prep Registration and Orientation Schedule
ABE-Diploma Exam Prep Class Locations
Request for GED ® Transcript