GED and Adult Basic Education
Located on the 1st floor of the McLeod (S) Building
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program is designed for adults who wish to upgrade their reading, writing, and math skills. Once a student has built his/her skills up to the 9th grade level, he/she can enter into the AHS or GED program.
The GED program is designed for adults whose academic skills are 9th grade or above, who have not completed high school, and who wish to earn their GED diploma.
Students receive instruction for the 5 parts of the GED exam:
• Social Studies
To enroll in GED or ABE classes:
1. Attend a GED-ABE Registration (schedule):
If 18 or older you must bring:
• Photo identification with birthdate
• Social Security Card
If 16 or 17, you must also bring:
• Official school withdrawal form (for students withdrawing from schools outside of New Hanover County)
• Official school withdrawal form (for students withdrawing from New Hanover County Schools)
*Please note New Hanover County Students must have their withdrawal signed by their school official and the New Hanover County Superintendent Designee located at Mosley Performance Learning Center.
• Notarized Parental Consent Form
Parent or Legal Guardian must attend registration with the student
2. Attend Corresponding Orientation Dates (schedule).