Emergency Medical Services
Cape Fear Community College
Summer EMT Initial Training
Dates: May 18-July 30, 2015
Location: CFCC North Campus Room NA-103
Registration Process: Students may register early at the North Campus, McKeithan Building, room NA-241 from 9am-3pm May 11th-14th. We accept cash, money order, check, or credit card payments. We will also accept registrations on the first day of class.
- $180.00 Registration fee
(Fire, Rescue, & Military may be exempt)
- $15.00 Insurance fee required by all students
*Fees must be paid at time of registration!!!
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Bring the following to your first day of class:
- Copy of high school diploma or GED, or College
- Provide a Copy of driver’s license or valid, government issued photo ID.
- Textbook package available at the CFCC North Campus Bookstore for $150. This package includes all required texts. If ou choose to purchase elsewhere, you must have:
- AAOS Emergency Care and transportation of the Sick and Injured, 10th Edition
- AAOS EMT Navigate Course Manager
Requirements for clinical participation are set in conjunction with our clinical partners. In order to participate in the field internship required to complete the course, you should expect to incur costs for the following:
- Clinical Uniform Shirt ($10 in CFCC Bookstore)
- Clinical Uniform Pants ($25-$150 depending on student choices)
- Clinical Uniform Boots ($25-$200 depending on student choices)
- Comprehensive Background Check/9-panel Drug Screen ($90 mandatory thru CFCC provider)
- TB PPD Test ($35 Average Cost)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination ($100 Average cost per injection for those who need full series)
- Proof of childhood immunizations (MMR)
*Several changes were made governing Fee Exempt status with the 2011-2012 NC Budget. If you feel you would be fee exempt, please contact us prior to registration to verify your eligibility.
***Information provided is correct at the time of distribution. All information, including course schedules are subject to change.