Cape Fear Community College
2006-2010 College Goals
- Deliver quality programs and effective instruction that result in students achieving identified learning outcomes with an emphasis on critical thinking as outlined in CFCC’s Quality Enhancement Plan.
- Provide facilities that support the growth of the college and that are well maintained, safe and secure for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Incorporate the appropriate use of technology for students, faculty and staff and provide training in accessing and applying the technology.
- Enhance the teaching and learning process through the provision of adequate, up-to-date equipment and learning resources that are accessible to users and in formats consistent with prevailing technologies suitable to the college’s needs and goals.
- Provide increased access to educational opportunities through distance learning.
- Strengthen partnerships with business and industry, public schools, universities and others that are mutually beneficial and that maximize resources in meeting the educational needs of the service area.
- Provide a comprehensive program of student development services that assist students in achieving their goals including appropriate placement in courses and curricula, financial assistance, counseling and advisement, career guidance, and student activities and athletics.
- Cultivate an excellent, highly qualified faculty and staff through recruitment, retention, recognition and professional development.
- Promote diversity at all levels of the college and maintain a diverse faculty, staff and student body that reflect the college service area.
- Effectively manage the college’s fiscal resources and seek external funding through grants and donations to support the mission of the college.
- Strengthen and refine the college’s continuous improvement process to ensure institutional effectiveness and public accountability.
- Foster and maintain a positive public image of the college and effectively promote college services and programs to the community.
- Enhance internal communication among faculty, staff and students.
Approved by the CFCC Board of Trustees November 16, 2005.