High School Counselors
CFCC appreciates the partnership with area high school Counselors. You are a students’ first information source when they are making college decisions. CFCC staff and counselors are interested in helping your student’s transition.
Need a guest speaker? Please contact us if we can assist with campus visits, college programs, parent information sessions or if you have questions about CFCC.
(910) 362.7161 Cindy Haeck, Ashley High School
(910) 362.7719 Kristina Bartlett, Heidi Trask High School & Home School
(910) 362.7287 Gwen Tyson, Hoggard High School & Home School
(910) 362.7526 Scott Judson, Laney High School
(910) 362.7161 VACANT, New Hanover High School
(910) 362.7524 Rodney Young, Pender High School
(910) 362.7754 Lewis Stroud, Topsail High School
(910) 362.7019 Jackie Foster, Private High Schools including Wilmington Christian Academy, Cape Fear Academy, Coastal Christian Academy
(910) 362.7634 Erin Luce, RIBN Coordinator (RN-BSN)
(910) 362.7276 John Metzger, CFCC Honors Program
(910) 362.7526 Scott Judson, C-Step (UNC-CH Transfer)
(910) 362.7115 Brian Weeks, College & Career Promise (CCP)
Why choose CFCC?
- Cost Effective
- Smaller Class Size
- Flexible Scheduling – full time, part time, day, evening, on-line
- 2-Year Employable Degree Options
- 2-Year Transfer Option(s)
- Take summer courses that transfer to 4-year institutions!
Steps to CFCC
- Submit on-line application
- Submit high school transcript via CFNC.org
- Submit official ACT/SAT score report (optional)
- Submit official AP Score Report(s) (if applicable from CollegeBoardTM)
- Submit college transcript(s) (if applicable)
- Complete Placement Testing (if applicable). Students are encouraged to preview placement testing information prior to taking the assessment.
- Complete Orientation – on-line or in-person.
- Meet with Academic Advisors to register for classes.
*Note: Articulated CTE credit needs to be presented by the student once they have been fully admitted and are enrolled. Credit is awarded if it applies to a student’s program of study and they have eligible grades and VoCAT test scores determined by the State of NC. Please work with the Career Development Coordinator at your school.
- August 19, 2016 (Fall Semester)
- November 21, 2016 (New Student Registration Begins for Spring Semester)
- January 5, 2017 (Spring Semester)
- May 22, 2017 (Summer Semester 2017)