All applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the program information packet. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all requirements are met by the established deadline. Deadlines, guidelines, and policies apply equally to all students; therefore no exceptions will be made.
Application Period: November 11, 2014 through February 19, 2015 (Excluding January 2-9, 2015)
Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:30 – 2:30 PM Room U-387
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:30 – 10:30 AM Room U-387
Click here to view the complete Medical Sonography Selective Admissions Information and Criteria Packet
Click here to view the Medical Sonography Point Count Work Sheet.
Minimum requirements necessary prior to filing an Intent to Apply:
1. Be an accepted student at CFCC by completing the General Admissions Application process, which includes: online application, placement testing or official copies of prior placement test scores, submit official high school and college transcripts.
2. Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in all post-secondary coursework completed at CFCC.
3. Meet minimum placement test scores for English and Math or complete equivalent developmental courses.
4. Completion of Biology course in high school or college and achieved a grade of “C” or higher..
5. Completion of Algebra course in high school or college and achieved a grade of “C” or higher. (DMA 40 & 50 OR MAT 70 OR MAT 80 OR MAT110, 121, 143 or higher)
6. Completion of Physics course in high school or college and achieved a grade of “C” or higher.
How to file an Intent to Apply:
*Please note, you must appear in person during the application period to file an Intent to Apply. No information will be taken over the phone or via mail/written correspondence.
1. Meet with a counselor in Room A-220 Downtown or Room NA-100 North Campus to complete the “Intent to Apply” form and schedule a PSB exam – $25.00 fee.
2. All “Intent to Apply” forms must be completed by 5:30 pm on the last day of the application period
Visit the Health Sciences – Medical Sonography webpage here.