Skip Navigation
Cape Fear Community College logo

Changing Your Program

Oh no!  I think I’m in the wrong program.  What do I do?

Stop…think…discuss options with a CFCC Counselor!

It’s normal for a college student to discover they need to change their academic plan.  They may take a class that ignites a passion they never knew they had.  They discover what they wanted, isn’t what they thought it would be.  Or…life throws them a curve.

Students can change an academic plan, but are encouraged to consider the following:

  • Changing an academic plan has the potential to impact Financial Aid.
  • Changing an academic plan may result in a student needing to take additional courses thus taking longer to complete.
  • Changing an academic plan may delay entry into the workforce.
  • Changing an academic plan should be what is best for you, therefore done with careful consideration.
  • Before changing an academic plan, you may want to work with a professional in Career Services to consider options that are a fit for you.

 How Can I Change My Program of Study?

  • Meet with a CFCC Counselor at either Downtown or North Campus.  Complete a “Major Change of Program” form when you arrive which includes current program, and an understanding of potential impact on Financial Aid.
  • Submit an email to On-line Counseling from your CFCC email account.  Include your name, student ID#, current program of study, new program of study and any additional information related to your request.  (Note:  Requests from personal email accounts will not receive a response.)

Wilmington Campus
411 North Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401

North Campus
4500 Blue Clay Road
Castle Hayne, NC 28429

Burgaw Center
100 East Industrial Drive
Burgaw, NC 28425

Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm

Accessibility Services

Cape Fear Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation or age.