Changing Your Program
Oh no! I think I’m in the wrong program. What do I do?
Stop…think…discuss options with a CFCC Counselor!
It’s normal for a college student to discover they need to change their academic plan. They may take a class that ignites a passion they never knew they had. They discover what they wanted, isn’t what they thought it would be. Or…life throws them a curve.
Students can change an academic plan, but are encouraged to consider the following:
- Changing an academic plan has the potential to impact Financial Aid.
- Changing an academic plan may result in a student needing to take additional courses thus taking longer to complete.
- Changing an academic plan may delay entry into the workforce.
- Changing an academic plan should be what is best for you, therefore done with careful consideration.
- Before changing an academic plan, you may want to work with a professional in Career Services to consider options that are a fit for you.
How Can I Change My Program of Study? You have TWO options!
- Meet with a CFCC Counselor at either Downtown or North Campus. Complete a “Major Change of Program” form when you arrive which includes current program, and an understanding of potential impact on Financial Aid.
- Submit an email to On-line Counseling from your CFCC email account. Include your name, student ID#, current program of study, new program of study and any additional information related to your request. (Note: Requests from personal email accounts will not receive a response.)