Request for Accommodated Testing
Accommodated Testing Procedures:
- In order for students to be eligible to take accommodated tests in the Disability Support Services (DSS) office, they must be officially registered with the DSS office. Refer to the Documentation Requirements webpage for information on the DSS registration process.
- Registered students who would like to take an accommodated test in the DSS office are required to schedule each test using the online STUDENT REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATED TESTING FORM.
- Completed STUDENT REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATED TESTING FORMS should be submitted at least three (3) business days in advance of the date/time of the student’s test. If a student is unable to meet the three (3) day deadline, they should contact DSS staff member as soon as possible, to request an exception to the three (3) day rule.
- If additional approved accommodations are needed during testing (such as use of a computer, reader, assistive technology, or scribe), it should be indicated on the STUDENT REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATED TESTING FORM.
- Students should arrive on time for accommodated testing appointments. Late arrivals will not be allowed to make up the lost testing time. Students arriving twenty (20) minutes later than the scheduled start time, may require instructor approval before they are allowed to begin their test. Students who miss exam appointments will not be allowed to test in DSS without the permission of their instructor.
- The instructor should indicate the materials the student is allowed to use during the test. Otherwise, additional materials will not be permitted.
- No food or drink is allowed in the testing rooms.
- Students must leave personal belongings (i.e. cell phone, books, bag, and purse) with DSS staff throughout the test administration, unless prior approval has been obtained. If medication or medical supplies are needed, students should inform a DSS staff member prior to start of test.
- Neither students nor testing materials are allowed to leave the testing site, except under extreme circumstances. It is strongly recommended that students avoid parking in metered spaces, as they will not be permitted to leave to feed the meter and then return to their test.
- Video cameras may be used to assist in proctoring the exam.
- Additional questions or concerns should be directed to either of DSS’s Testing Coordinators: Cindy Boyd (910.362.7473 or email@example.com) & Jennifer Luper (910.362.7812 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the DSS office (910.362.7800 or email@example.com)