Accommodated Testing For Students
- Testing accommodations may include but are not limited to: Extended time, separate setting, large print, reader, etc.
- Students who are registered with Disability Support Services must complete an accommodated test request located here:
The requirements to receive accommodated testing are as follows:
- Students are responsible for scheduling accommodated tests through an online form located on our website.
- Requests for accommodated testing must be submitted at least 3 business days in advance to ensure services. Please NOTE there will be no accommodated tests scheduled with less than twenty-four hour notice.
- Additional, approved accommodations such as use of a computer, reader, assistive technology, etc. should be mentioned in the “Additional Comments” section of the Accommodated Testing Request Form.
- Students should schedule exams during their designated class times. Alternate testing times must be approved by instructors. Students may not schedule accommodated tests during their other class times.
- Students should arrive on time for accommodated testing appointments. Late arrivals will have time deducted from the extended time. Students should contact faculty and DSS staff if exams are missed. Exams will not be rescheduled without the permission of the instructor.
- The instructor will indicate what materials will be allowed in the testing room with the student. If the item is not on the list, it is not permitted inside the testing room.
- Students will leave personal belongings including cell phones, books, bags, etc. with DSS while testing unless exempted by prior approval. If medication or medical supplies are needed, please inform DSS staff.
- Neither students nor testing materials are allowed to leave the testing site except under extreme circumstances. It is strongly encouraged that students avoid parking in metered spaces because they will not be permitted to leave to put money in the meter. If it is necessary to leave the testing site in an extreme circumstance, please contact the DSS staff and turn in all testing materials during this interruption.
- Video cameras will be used to assist in proctoring the exam.
- If you have additional questions, please contact Cindy Boyd at 362-7473 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Jennifer Luper at 362-7812 or email@example.com; the DSS front desk at 362-7800.