- Course Essentials
(course quality standards)
- Course Essentials Checklist: This document is a checklist of important standards that each online course should meet.
- Course Essentials Rubric: This rubric includes the items on the Course Essentials checklist and provides instructors and course reviewers with a form to provide notes regarding each of the specific standards as courses are reviewed.
- Course Essentials workshop: Consider attending a live training to learn more about quality online course standards (see Training Schedule).
- Best Practices for Online Teaching Course: This self-paced course offers short lessons about quality course creation. Modules include resources and examples and are based on widely accepted quality course standards, including CFCC's Course Essentials.
- Blackboard Exemplary Courses :
View some exemplary courses and watch videos with guided tours through course features and organization.
- Students' Perceptions of Effective Teaching in Higher Education :
Identify characteristics that students consider important for effective teaching. This article also includes a good literature review.
- Instructional Strategies for Online Courses:
From Illinois Online Network, this site provides some great strategies for teaching online.