Add YouTube Mashup
Now that you have added a lesson folder and an item inside of that folder. You will add a YouTube mashup. A mashup involves integrating two or more tools together. In this case, you will "mash" YouTube with Blackboard.
To learn how to add a mashup, view the short movie below:
Adding a Mashup to Your Course (movie, 3:15)
After completing the activities below, move to the next item for your selected training.
Activity to Complete
Add a YouTube mashup to your New Lesson folder.
- Open your New Lesson folder
- Click Build Content
- Under the Mashups section, select YouTube Video
- Search for a video with the search feature
- Type in search words
- Click the Go button
- You will see a results page with videos that matched the search criteria
- Preview videos by selecting the Preview button under the video thumbnail images
- Select a video by clicking the Select button under the thumbnail
- Optional: make selections from the optional settings
- Click the Submit button
You will see your selected video thumbnail and a description at the bottom of your New Lesson folder. You can use the four-headed arrows to the left of the item to drag and drop to a new location in the list of items.Return to top of page.