Download Template and Import into Course
About Importing a Course Template
Before each semester starts, course shells are automatically created for instructors. These course shells are empty and instructors must decide how they will develop their courses. One option, if no content currently exists, is to import one of CFCC's course templates, which includes a variety of buttons and some content.
As you can see, the course shell you are using for this tutorial does not have a complete course menu. Your first task will be to import a template to create other menu items.
IMPORTANT: The template includes a Discussion Board activity called the Enrollment Verification, which must be completed by students in all online (Internet or Hybrid) courses. You can read about the purpose of and instructions for this item in the Enrollment Verification Information section of DL faculty site.
After completing the activities below, move to the next item for your selected training.
Activity to Complete
The first task to complete is to import the template provided. After you import the package, Blackboard will unpackage it and you will have menu items in your course. It is important not to work with your course until you receive an email (which will arrive in the email listed for you in Blackboard, usually your GroupWise account) stating that the process has completed.
Follow the steps below (graphic illustration is below the text):
- Download the full course template by clicking on the following link and saving it to your computer:
Download Full Course Template (zip).
- In the Control Panel (lower left of the screen in your Blackboard course), select Packages and Utilities and Import Package/View Logs.
- You will see and click on Browse to select the zip file on your desktop (or wherever you saved it).
- After you select the zip file with the template, select the Import Package button.
- For section three, select Course Materials. Check the boxes next to Content Areas, Announcements, Contacts, Discussion Board, and Settings.
- After selecting the course materials, click Submit.
- You will receive an email when the upload is finished.
- Warning: Do not import the template more than once or you will have duplicates (or more) of each item.
If you receive the email but the menu items do not appear, click the "Refresh" button above the menu (circular arrows).
When you see the menu items, feel free to click on each to explore the contents and then move to the next item in this tutorial.
Return to top of page.