Instructors can create interactive rubrics for graded activities (assignments, graded discussions, blogs, wikis, journals). Blackboard rubrics are now interactive, allowing for dynamic entry of feedback and ratings. Rubrics can be imported and exported for use across courses.
To learn how to use rubrics in Blackboard, view these short movies (cc)
- Creating a Grading Rubric (movie, 3:10)
- Associating a Rubric with a Gradable Item (movie, 3:20)
- Grading with Rubrics (movie, 3:32)
Below is an example of the instructor's view of a rubric with interactive features.
Sample Rubric for Import
Below is a sample rubric for Discussions. The first link will display the rubric as it will be seen in Blackboard. The second link includes a package that you can download to your computer and import as a rubric for your course. You can edit the rubric after import.
- Discussion Rubric as displayed in Bb (pdf)
- Discussion Rubric package file for import to Bb (zip)
Do not upzip this file before import. You can edit the rubric after import.