Add Textbook Information
About the Assign Textbook Tool
Blackboard has a built-in tool that allows instructors to search for textbooks by ISBN, author, title, or subject. This search tool results in a list of possible books. When the book is selected, the book information and image (if provided) will be inserted into the selected content area.
To learn how to use the Assign Textbook tool, view the short movie below:
Adding Textbook Information (movie, 2:21)
After completing the activities below, move to the next item for your selected training.
Activity to Complete
Add a textbook to Textbooks section in the course:
- Click on the Textbooks link in the course navigation to open the textbooks page.
- Click the Assign Textbook button.
- Select Search for Textbook.
- Select a search parameter (ISBN, Title, Author or Subject) from the Search dropdown menu.
- Enter the text you will use to search for the book.
- Click the Go button.
- Select the book from the resulting list of books.
- Edit any of the optional settings that you want to use.
- Click the Submit button.