Determine Time Elapsed for Quiz/Test
and Submit Attempt (score assessment)
Instructors often set a time limit for quizzes and tests in Blackboard. While the tool will not close at a specified time, the instructor is alerted if someone goes over the allotted time, in which case the instructor will make a determination about grading the assessment.
IMPORTANT: If the instructor uses the Auto Submit function, the test will automatically close and score the test at the designated time.
Here are the steps for identifying the time elapsed for quizzes and tests in Blackboard 9.1:
- Enter the Grade Center from the Control Panel.
- In the cell next to the student's name and in the column for the quiz or test, select the arrows to show the submenu.
- Click the "View Grade Details" link.
- This will open the grading information. Select the "View Attempt" button.
- This will open the quiz or test answers and a link to Test Information. Click on this link to open the information about the amount of time the student spent on the assessment.
- After reviewing the time elapsed, you can make manual edits to the question scores or click the "Submit Attempt" button to process the test as it would have been had the student not exceeded the time limit.