Minimum Computer Requirements for Hybrid and Internet Classes:
Hybrid and Internet classes house all or part of the course content on a server that the student can access through the Internet.
To enroll in the class, a student will need the following hardware and software:
- Reliable off-campus access to a computer (PC or Mac).
- RAM (Memory): 512 MB (1 GB preferred)
- Hard Drive: 1 GB free space
- Internet access (Modem: 56K, High Speed preferred - Cable/DSL)
- Compatible web browser: check to see if your browser is compatible or certified to work with Blackboard or see the chart below.
- Other Software: Course dependent (read course information for required applications)
Browser Support for Blackboard 9.1 SP10
|Internet Explorer 9||Internet Explorer 8||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Windows XP (32-bit)||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows Vista (32-bit)||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Compatible|
|Windows Vista (64-bit)||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Certified|
|Windows 07 (64-bit)||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Certified|
Apple Mac OS
|Safari 5.1||Safari 5.0||Safari 4.0||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Mac OSX 10.6 "Snow Leopard"||Certified||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Certified|
|Mac OSX 10.7 "Lion"||Certified||Unsupported||Unsupported||Certified||Certified|
- note: Firefox 8 and Mac OS are not compatible with the drag and drop functions on Blackboard Learn.
Students are expected to be competent in basic computer skills such as:
- Copying and pasting material into a document;
- Saving, attaching and printing documents;
- Composing, retrieving, and sending emails;
- Surfing the web; and
- Protecting the computer against viruses (See the Student Computer Resources page for software suggestions).