Marine Instrumentation - MSC 152
Announcements & Assignments
All class material is located on the "Student Resources" link to the right
Important Information and Dates:
- Week 1
- Research Winches, Cable, Terminations, Winch & Crane Operations at sea
- Week 2
- Side Scan Sonars & Magnetometers
- Week 3
- Moorings & Buoys for Data Collection
- Week 4
- Cruises begin
This course introduces the various types of oceanographic instrumentation used for the collection of data and samples by the oceanographic community. Emphasis is placed on data recording procedures, proper operation, safe handling, and calibration, maintenance, and repair of instruments. Upon completion, students should be able to safely and correctly use the instruments covered to conduct accurate field measurements.
- Course Hours Per Week: Class 1,Lab 2.
- Semester Hours Credit: 2.
- Prerequisite: None.