Marine Data Processing - MSC 254
Announcements and Assignment
- Lectures & Video are now posted under Student Resources
- Serial Communications Lab
- Connecting devices to our computer for data aquisition
- Single Beam Editor
- Editing Single Beam Survey Data
- Review Week 1 & 2 Material
- Processing Single Beam Data
- Export to XYZ
- Presorting your Single Beam data
- TIN Model
- Creating geo-referenced TIF and DXF files
Week 8 - Mid Terms
Mid Term Study Guide
- HYSWEEP Editor (MB Max)
- Power Point under Student Resources
- Multibeam Editing
Week 10 - Spring Break
- Continue Multibeam Editing
- Side Scan Sonar Data Interpretation and Mosaicing
- Sonar Wiz5
- Final Exam - Study Guide
This course introduces standard oceanographic procedures used to process and analyze oceanographic data. Emphasis is placed on the use of standard recording procedures and computer applications for processing and analyzing oceanographic data. Upon completion, students should be able to record and analyze oceanographic data using standard procedures along with computer-based applications.
- Course Hours Per Week: Class 1, Lab 3.
- Semester Hours Credit: 2.
- Prerequisite: CIS 111 and MSC 152.
- Corequisites - MSC 256