Title: Advanced Hardware/Softare Support
||Instructor: Keith Wilson|
NB 227 Applied Technologies Bldg.
|Room: NB-224||Phone: 362-7177|
Link to Outline
( I am not teaching this class this semester )
Prerequisites: CTS 110Required Text: Andrews, Jean. A+ Guide to Managing & Maintaining Your PC, Course Technology, 8th Ed. 2014.
Supplies: At least
a couple of Floppy Disks. A flash drive is also
This course covers concepts of repair service, and upgrade of computers and peripherals in preparation for industry certification.Course Objectives:
Topics may include resolving resource conflicts and system bus specifications, configuration and troubleshooting
peripherals, operating system configuration and optimization, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should
be able to identify and resolve system conflicts and optimize system performance.
- Student will be familiar with all parts of a computer- external and internal.
- Student will be able to install , configure, and troubleshoot hard drives.
- Student will be able to install and configure various operating systems.
- Student will be able to install , configure, and troubleshoot sound cards and video cards.
- Student will be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot printers.
- Student will be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot modems and network cards.
- Student will gain experience in logical troubleshooting.
- Student will prepare for industry certification.