Campus Fund 2016 – 2017
Going for the Gold for Student Success!
About your CFCC Campus Fund gifts:
- CFCC Campus Fund gifts support CFCC students through scholarships, department grants (formerly mini-grants), and provide support to academic programs and to Sea Devil athletics.
- Our students need and appreciate our help! About 80 percent of CFCC students apply for financial assistance.
- Every gift – no matter how big or small – makes a difference! Sometimes the cost of one textbook is a barrier to a student’s success in class.
- A gift of $1,500 provides tuition and books for a CFCC student for one semester. This equals about $5 per work day – less than the cost of eating a fast-food meal.
- Your generosity shows the greater community that our employees believe in our mission and helps the CFCC Foundation take the message of “Raising Funds, Raising Hopes and Fulfilling Dreams” to an even broader audience.
- You can donate to the CFCC Campus Fund all year and make donations to honor or remember friends and family on special occasions or holidays. We will even send an acknowledgement card to your honoree to inform them about your gift!
- Your support of CFCC students is an investment in the local community. Most CFCC graduates remain in the area and add to the local economy. One out of every seven county residents has taken classes at CFCC in the past year.
Why “area of greatest need” gifts are so important to the College
CFCC grants and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff are funded from “area of greatest need” giving. While designated gifts are very much appreciated, area of greatest need gifts also allow the CFCC Foundation to support under-represented academic programs and meet unexpected student needs.
Summary of TOTAL EMPLOYEE GIVING for 2015-16 was $77,075 consisting of cash gifts and pledges.
What YOUR gifts provided from the 2015-16 Campus Fund
- Annual Scholarships — Campus Fund raised $18,610 for students – that is, $500 scholarships for 37 students!
- $3,000 was added to our Endowed Scholarships
- $7,800 for Sea Devil Athletics
- $16,285 for Program Support including the Center for Teaching Excellence, International Center, Minority Male Mentoring, Humanities and Fine Arts Programs, Math Department, Health Sciences and many others.
- $6,380 for the Wilson Center
- Areas of greatest need – Campus Fund raised $25,000 for areas of greatest need. Some of the things that were supported from this money were:
- 32 Mini Grants Awarded ($19,190)
- Assistance to the Honors Program
- Playground enhancements for the Child Care Center
- CNA Scholarships
- Merit Scholarships
- Student Ambassador Program (uniforms)
- Summer tuition assistance for faculty and staff
Your 2016-17 Campus Fund Advisory Board
Margaret Robison, Executive Director, CFCC Foundation
Shigeta Bryant, Cosmetology
Mark Council, Vocational/Technical Education
Wellington de Souza, IT and Facility Services
Randy Johnson, Engineering
Sonya Johnson, Community Relations
Lynn Murphy, Continuing Education
Joy Smoots, Science Department
Georgia Walker, Facility Services
Dana McKoy, Continuing Education