CFCC Foundation Merit Scholarships
2014 CFCC Foundation Merit Scholars
Many outstanding local high school students want to attend CFCC. To assist them, the CFCC Foundation awards Merit Scholarships annually to deserving New Hanover and Pender County seniors who exhibit academic excellence. To qualify for a CFCC Merit Scholarship, you must:
- Be a current high school senior
- Have applied for or been approved to enroll in CFCC in a curriculum program
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school principal, guidance counselor, or a high school teacher
- Demonstrate academic potential through high school grades, rank in class, and/or aptitude test results
- Be a US citizen or documented alien
Consideration will be given for non-school activities, work experience and community service. To apply for a Merit Scholarship, students should see their high school counselor or download an application from this website (available in early spring).
The CFCC Financial Aid Office administers scholarships to CFCC students. Students should contact the Financial Aid office for applications, forms and specific information (910-362-7338).