CFCC Foundation Merit Scholarships
2015 CFCC Foundation Merit Scholars
Many outstanding local high school students want to attend CFCC. To assist them, the CFCC Foundation awards Merit Scholarships annually to deserving New Hanover and Pender County seniors who exhibit academic excellence. To qualify for a CFCC Merit Scholarship, you must:
- Be a current senior in a New Hanover or Pender County high school.
- Enroll in Cape Fear Community College in a curriculum program.
- Demonstrate academic potential through high school grades (3.5 non-weighted GPA), class rank (top 25%) and aptitude tests.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a high school principal, guidance counselor or high school teacher.
- Supply an official, sealed high-school transcript, containing both weighted and non-weighted GPAs and class rank. (A student may optionally provide a copy of aptitude test scores for additional consideration.)
- Be an established U.S. citizen or documented alien.
Consideration will be given for non-school activities, work experience and community service. To apply for a Merit Scholarship, students should see their high school counselor or download an application.
The CFCC Financial Aid Office administers scholarships to CFCC students. Students should contact the Financial Aid office for applications, forms and specific information (910-362-7338).