CFCC Foundation Merit Scholarships
2018-19 CFCC Foundation Merit Scholars
Apply for a CFCC Merit Scholarship!
The CFCC Foundation Board of Directors awards merit scholarships annually to deserving New Hanover and Pender County high school seniors who exhibit academic excellence. Every curriculum program of study is eligible.
Each Merit Scholar receives a scholarship of $2,600 for his/her first year at CFCC: $1,300 in the fall semester, and another $1,300 in the spring semester if the student continues to be qualified as a Merit Scholar.
Please Note: Merit Scholars must maintain at least a 3.5 GPA and complete 12 credit hours during their fall semester at CFCC in order to qualify for the remaining scholarship funds for the spring semester.
To qualify for a CFCC Merit Scholarship a student must:
- Be a current senior in a New Hanover or Pender County high school.
- Enroll in Cape Fear Community College in a curriculum program.
- Demonstrate academic potential through high school grades (3.5 non-weighted GPA), class rank (top 25%) and aptitude tests.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a high school principal, guidance counselor or high school teacher.
- Submit Essay- See application for more details.
- Supply an official, sealed high-school transcript, containing both weighted and non-weighted GPAs and class rank. (A student may optionally provide a copy of aptitude test scores for additional consideration.)
- Be an established U.S. citizen or documented alien.
Consideration will be given for non-school activities, work experience and community service. To apply for a Merit Scholarship, students should see their high school counselor or download an application.
How are merit scholars selected and when will I find out if I have received a scholarship?
Merit scholars are selected by a committee of the Cape Fear Community College Foundation Board of Directors. Candidates will be notified of their award status by May 22, 2019.
When are applications due and how do I submit my application?
Applications are due April 19, 2019. Completed applications with documents should be mailed to CFCC Foundation- Merit Scholarships, 411 North Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401.