The Honors Program at Cape Fear Community College is an academic enrichment program designed to enrich the educational experience of students who demonstrate academic excellence. The program offers students distinctive coursework that provides an opportunity to engage in an academically rigorous experience with other outstanding students, and the program allows students to develop skills in effective communication, critical thinking, independent learning, and scholarly exploration. The Honors Program will assist the growth of students both academically and personally and help ensure their continued academic success at Cape Fear Community College and beyond.
The honors program is designed to offer high achieving and highly motivated students a unique educational opportunity that will challenge them to expand their experience at Cape Fear Community College.
Four honors sections are planned for Fall 2016. Visit Honors Courses Offered for more detail.
For detailed information about the GPA requirement and how to apply: Eligibility and How to Apply
Benefits to students:
- Priority registration in Honors classes (only Honors students are permitted to register for Honors classes)
- Honors advising/mentoring
- Smaller class sizes
- Sense of community
- Special honors events
- Increased academic rigor to foster learning and development of critical thinking skills
- Increased competitiveness when applying to four-year institutions
- Better preparation for leadership roles in student’s chosen profession
- Recognition of student’s higher level of commitment
- Honors distinction on degree
For more information about the program or to make an appointment to meet with the program coordinator, please contact Mr. John Metzger at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 910-362-7276.