The Honors Program at Cape Fear Community College is an academic enrichment program designed to increase the educational experience of students who demonstrate academic excellence. The program offers students distinctive coursework that provides an opportunity to engage in an academically rigorous experience with other outstanding students, and the program allows students to develop skills in effective communication, critical thinking, independent learning, and scholarly exploration. The Honors Program will assist the growth of students both academically and personally and help ensure their continued academic success at Cape Fear Community College and beyond.
The honors program is designed to offer high achieving and highly motivated students a unique educational opportunity that will challenge them to expand their experience at Cape Fear Community College.
Honors courses began in Fall 2014.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
Individualized information sessions will be held during the summer months, at your convenience. Please email Myssie Mathis for an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits to students:
- Priority registration
- Honors advising/mentoring
- Smaller class sizes
- Sense of community
- Special honors events
- Increased academic rigor to foster learning and development of critical thinking skills
- Increased competitiveness when applying to four-year institutions
- Better preparation for leadership roles in student’s chosen profession
- Recognition of student’s higher level of commitment
- Honors distinction on degree