State Health Plan
In order to enroll in the State Health Plan, you must be within 30 calendar days of your hire date or must enroll during open enrollment, held in October of each year with a January 1 effective date.
The State Health Plan is administered by Blue Cross, Blue Shield of North Carolina. Employees may choose between two plan options – the 70/30 Plan and the 80/20 Plan. The cost of individual coverage varies depending upon which plan is chosen and if a tobacco wellness premium credit is completed. Employees are responsible for the full cost of dependent premiums. The State Health Plan runs on a calendar year.
Dependent Eligibility Verification: BCBSNC requires documentation be submitted online to verify any dependents you cover on your health plan. Eligible Dependents include:
- Legally married spouse including same and opposite gender spouses
- Biological child of subscriber under age 26
- Adopted child under age 26
- Foster child under age 26
- Stepchild under age 26
- Child under age 26 for whom subscriber is court appointed guardian or for whom the plan as reviewed a QMCSO
To make changes to your State Health Plan outside of Open Enrollment, employees must do so within 30 calendar days of a Qualifying Life Event as established by the IRS. Examples of qualifying events include birth, marriage, divorce, loss or gain of other coverage, and death.
Login to eEnroll to:
Enroll in benefits, view your elections for the State Health Plan, make Qualifying Life Event changes, and print/view member ID cards
Visit the State Health Plan website:
for State Health Plan information and resources
New Employee Resources: Click here to view how to enroll and Plan overview and benefits
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How to update your Primary Care Provider
- How to request a new ID card: You may contact BCBSNC at 888-234-2416 or you may print a temporary card by logging in to eEnroll and from there, logging in to Blue Connect.
- How to make changes to your benefits:
- To make changes to your State Health Plan outside of Open Enrollment, employees must do so within 30 calendar days of a Qualifying Life Event as established by the IRS. Examples of qualifying events include birth, marriage, divorce, loss or gain of other coverage, and death.
- Qualifying Life Event: Supporting Documentation
- In order to make changes to your coverage, login to eEnroll
Please visit the State Health Plan website for additional information and plan details.
Return to benefits