Equal Employment Opportunity
As we strive to maintain a diverse workforce, CFCC is committed to equality in employment opportunity and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of any legally protected status.
The College supports the protections against discrimination available to applicants and employees under all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
General Employment Information
- Be sure to read the job posting carefully and make sure that you understand the minimum requirements for the position and that you meet all the minimum requirements.
- Fill in all the requested information completely and accurately in the online Cape Fear Community College (CFCC) Application. Incomplete applications are not eligible for consideration by the search committee. Also, putting “see resume” in the online application rather than filling in the requested information is not acceptable and your application will not be eligible for consideration by the search committee.
- Avoid leaving any gaps in your employment history.
- Proofread your application materials for accuracy, spelling and grammar.
- Resumes, curriculum vitaes, cover letters, other pertinent documents are supplemental to the required online Cape Fear Community College Application and should not be used as replacements for the requested information in the application.
- Have a copy of your university/college transcript(s) and/or certifications ready for uploading at the time you complete your online application if the position you are applying for requires a degree and/or professional certification.
- Note: All applicants who are hired into full-time positions, as a condition of employment, are required to provide an official transcript from any degree awarding college or university after a final full-time hiring decision is made and an offer is extended.
- All applicants who are hired into temporary positions or part-time adjunct faculty or staff positions are required to provide an official transcript after a final decision is made and offer is extended.
- Retain a copy of all application materials submitted for future use. The Human Resources Department does not make or provide copies of submitted application materials.
- Applications are due prior to 11:59 pm on the posted closing date, unless otherwise indicated on the posting, to guarantee consideration.
Pay and Benefits
CFCC offers a competitive salary package. Comprehensive benefits, including health, life and disability insurance, as well as paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, and a retirement package, are offered for full time positions. Click on the Benefits link for detailed benefit information.
Verification of Employment Eligibility
Under the Immigration, Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new hires will be required to provide appropriate documentation to establish identity and right to work in the United States. As a new hire or rehire with Cape Fear Community College, employees are required to complete the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility & Verification. If you wish to learn more regarding the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification regulatory guidelines, please visit USCIS I-9 Central Homepage.
Disclosure Notice: Cape Fear Community College is a participate in the E-Verify program established and administered by the Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration. The information provided on the Form I-9 will be electronically verified and cleared for employment authorization in the U.S. through the E-Verify data system.
All employees must pass a criminal background check.