Procedures for awarding CFCC Foundation Faculty/Staff Mini-grants
Applicants must complete application forms fully and submit to their Department Chair and/or Dean/Director prior to sending to Foundation. Late applications will not be accepted. The two-page application must be completed online.
To submit the application:
- Email, as an attachment, the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print and sign a copy of the application and obtain the appropriate approval signatures.
- Submit the hard copy to Val Clemmons, CFCC Foundation, G-112.
Applications are due in the Foundation office by September 20, 2012, both electronic and hard copies. The Director of Grant Development will review applications to verify that all necessary information has been included.
1. Grants are to be used for faculty and staff activities or needs that would not ordinarily be covered by State or other college funding.
2. Grant funds are available to full-time employees only.
3. Each CFCC program or department is limited to submitting two (2) applications per year.
4. Travel requests will be funded up to the amount of $500 unless the request is for students to attend competitions, workshops, conferences, etc.
5. Attendance at workshops and conferences is allowed for faculty/staff; however, courses taken for academic advancement are not. Information about how attending workshops and conferences would enhance the program of study or student learning should be included.
6. Applicants must include tax and shipping costs in the application budget, if applicable.
A committee consisting of at least three members of the Foundation Board and the Director of Grant Development, as a nonvoting ex-officio member, will review each application and select the proposals to be funded. After reviewing the proposals, the Committee may contact applicants to obtain further information or clarification before a decision is made. The Mini-grant awards will be approved at the October 2012 meeting of the Foundation Board. All applicants will be notified after the meeting.
The total Mini-grant award is based on donations to the Campus Fund Campaign Drive, not to exceed $25,000. No individual award will exceed $1,000.
Grant funds should be used before June 30, 2014.
All recipients must complete a post-project evaluation. This final report is located on the Foundation website, and must be completed by September 6, 2013.