Part Time Staff Comments
Faculty and Staff Survey, Spring, 2002
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (FOUNDATION AND GRANTS)
1. Staff is courteous and helpful.
2. Policies and information about grants and the Foundation are effectively communicated.
3. I am aware that the Foundation supports special faculty and staff projects.
4. I am aware that I can designate my Campus Fund Drive contribution to any option listed on the
5. I am aware that the Ambassadors are available to assist faculty & staff on special projects/events.
INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT (INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS)
6. Staff is courteous and helpful.
7. Requests for services or information are handled within a reasonable time.
8 Assistance provided to departments in planning for institutional effectiveness is satisfactory.
9. The process and procedures for planning and institutional effectiveness are effectively
10. I have sufficient opportunities to be involved in planning in my department.
11. Staff is courteous and helpful.
12. Requests for public information services are handled in a reasonable time.
13. I feel CFCC’s programs and services are effectively promoted to the public.
14. College publications are accurate and appealing.
15. Staff is courteous and helpful.
16. Copy center requests are processed in a reasonable time.
17. Copies are performed correctly.
18. Staff is courteous and helpful.
19. Printing requests are processed in a reasonable time.
20. Staff is courteous and helpful.
21. Quality of services provided by the cashier’s window is satisfactory.
22. The business office provides adequate and timely budget reports to departments.
23. Final budget allocations are relayed to department-level personnel.
24. Budget transfers are clear and made known to the programs involved.
25. Payroll services are adequate to meet my needs.
26. Services for parking are satisfactory for my needs.
c3. I do not have a staff parking decal.
e3. You have to be kidding! Parking is not only inadequate but can be (and has been) hazardous.
27. My travel requests are processed within a reasonable time.
PURCHASING/RECEIVING, INVENTORY, MAILROOM
28. Staff is courteous and helpful.
29. My purchase requisitions are processed within a reasonable time.
30. Purchasing policies and procedures are communicated and easy to follow.
31. Inventory procedures are effectively communicated and easy to follow.
32. Mailroom services are satisfactory.
33. Staff is courteous and helpful.
34. HELP desk calls/requests for services are handled within a reasonable time.
35. Technical support provided by computer services is adequate for my needs.
36. Training for the use of computers and software meets my needs.
e3. Would like to see some more “staff only” basic computer programs offered.
37. Information technology available at CFCC is adequate to meet the needs of the college.
38. Replacement of college computers and software is consistent with current technology.
39. Computer equipment in my work area is adequate for my needs.
40. Computer software in my work area is up-to-date and adequate for my needs.
41. Staff is courteous and helpful.
42. Required texts and materials are available for students and classroom use in a reasonable time.
c3. I have had to purchase books as late as 4 weeks into the semester.
e3. Anatomy and physiology material not available until late into the semester. Very difficult for students!
43. The hours of operation are satisfactory.
44. Staff is courteous and helpful.
45. The quality and variety of food selections are satisfactory.
b3. Make the menu daily available on the Bulletin Board. When you try to access it, there is nothing there. The file is empty, but yet it states “Cafeteria News”, and nothing is keyed there.
46. Hours of operation are satisfactory.
47. Maintenance and cleanliness of the food services area are satisfactory.
i3. Microwave oven in cafeteria is not kept clean.
48. Staff is courteous and helpful.
e3. Housekeeping staff do an outstanding job!
49. Variety and types of housekeeping services provided are adequate.
50. Buildings and classrooms are clean and well kept.
51. Bathrooms are clean and stocked adequately.
52. Overall, housekeeping services are satisfactory.
e3. L-Building new extension—no seat covers—no “disposables” receptacles.
53. Staff is courteous and helpful.
54. Staff responds to requests for services within a 5-day timeframe.
55. Procedures for requesting services are effectively communicated.
56. The buildings and grounds are maintained in good functional order.
57. The general appearance of the college landscape is attractive and neat.
e3. Front lawn of Schwartz Center should have paved “cut-through”. Students are ruining the lawn.
58. Maintenance and upkeep of college facilities are satisfactory.
e3. L-Building elevator needs to be fixed permanently.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
59. Emergency and evacuation procedures are adequate.
60. CFCC has a safety plan that is updated periodically and distributed to employees.
61. I know where to go for first aid services.
62. Prompt action is taken when a security or safety problem arises.
63. Campus security is satisfactory.
64. Lighting in parking areas is adequate.
c3. Not enough light around E-Building.
65. Staff is courteous and helpful.
66. Staff is knowledgeable about policies and procedures and administers them accordingly..
67. Personnel policies and procedures are effectively communicated.
68. Benefit information is provided and explained in a manner that is easily understood.
69. Personnel Office staff provides valuable services to the college.
70. Instructional support staff is courteous and helpful.
71. Instructional polices and procedures are effectively communicated.
72. Faculty is courteous, helpful and respond to requests within a reasonable time.
73. Instructional administrators are courteous, helpful and respond to requests within a reasonable time.
74. Staff is courteous and helpful.
75. I have taken a continuing education course in the past year.
76. Continuing education programs and services are effectively communicated to faculty and staff.
77. I have recommended a continuing education course to family or friends in the past year.
78. Continuing education courses may serve as a bridge to curriculum coursework.
LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER (LIBRARY AND MEDIA CENTER)
79. Staff is courteous and helpful.
f3. You are asking about two different groups. The difference in the two is like night and day, therefore I had to answer neutral. Ask about the two separately. Library staff courteous and helpful—No!!! Strongly disagree, with the exception of two staff members. Media center staff courteous and helpful—strongly agree.
h3. Library and staff are not user friendly.
80. Variety and types of services are adequate.
81. LRC resources are up-to-date and readily available.
82. Procedures to access services are communicated and easy to follow.
83. LRC resources meet the needs of instruction.
84. Training and assistance in accessing LRC resources are adequate.
85. The hours of operation are satisfactory.
86. The workspaces and environment are conducive to study.
87. The media center responds to requests within a reasonable time.
88. Audiovisual equipment is current and maintained in good working order.
89. Media center services (audio, video and graphic production, teleconferencing) meet my needs.
90. I am aware of my role in developing the collection of books, serials and audiovisual/electronic resources.
91. Staff is courteous and helpful.
92. The hours of operation are satisfactory.
93. Adequate staff is available to respond to the needs of students, staff, and faculty.
g3. Instead of committee attendance being mandatory for faculty, more tutors are needed for individual instruction in the Learning Lab.
94. Staff is knowledgeable and competent in helping students, faculty and staff.
95. Computers are available when needed.
96. Software needed to supplement instruction is available.
g3. Software is not available for all support instructors.
97. Staff is courteous and helpful with students, faculty and staff.
98. Policies and procedures accommodate students, faculty, and staff.
99. Student access to counselors is adequate.
100. The admissions process is effective in placing students in appropriate programs.
101. Orientation activities for new students are effective.
g3. Student government should be more involved in orientation procedures.
102. Student access to career and job center services is adequate.
103. The registration process is satisfactory.
e3. Getting better!
104. The TRAC (telephone registration) is satisfactory.
g3. Trac registration is convenient but on-line registration would be more effective.
105. Services of the registrar’s office are adequate to meet my needs.
106. Recruiting activities and materials effectively portray the college.
107. Enrollment management services are adequate to meet my needs.
108. Student activities are effective in promoting student interests.
109. Student Government Association (SGA) is effective in promoting student interests.
110. Student athletics are effective in promoting student interests.
111. Financial aid assistance and information are readily available to students.
g3. Financial aid seminars could be utilized for new and returning students to obtain further info about what is available to them.
112. Switchboard services are satisfactory.
a3. Part-time staff are not listed on the switchboard’s directory or on the telephone directory. I have worked two years and still cannot be located by someone calling the switchboard unless they have the exact department.
d3. There is a need to look into shared or co-pay benefits for all employees full and part time.
j3. “Staff are courteous and helpful.” If this statement could be broken apart and made two separate questions it could be more accurately answered. Sometimes staff are very courteous but not helpful—and vice versa.
Return to the Institutional Effectiveness Surveys Menu