Our Mission & Policies
CFCC Library Staff
Primary source materials are first-hand accounts of events and experiences. They are found in a variety of formats, and may be either published or unpublished. Formats include:
- Access the CFCC / NC-LITN online catalog via the LRC homepage using the following URL:http://www.cfcc.edu/lrc.
- Enter terms relevant to your research topic in the GENERAL KEYWORD space (i.e. Civil rights, suffrage, women, revolutionary war, etc.)
- Next, click in the SUBJECT KEYWORD space and enter any of the following terms.
History - Sources
History - Personal Narratives
History - Diaries (or diar*)
History - Archives
History - Correspondence
- Then, click on the red arrow.
- To refine your search, browse the list of titles and click on a title relevant to your research.
- You will see a list of SUBJECTS listed within the record directly beneath the title.
- Each subject heading listed within the record directly beneath the title.
- Each subject heading listed within a book’s online record is a link to further titles specific to that subject.
GENERAL KEYWORDS - Civil War
SUBJECT KEYWORDS - History Personal narrative
The online catalog will provide a list of items.
- Browse the list and click on the title:
A Confederate nurse: the diary of Ada W. Bacot, 1860-1863
- Look at the list of subject headings just above the “Copy/Holding information” line.
- The most useful subject heading is:
- Click on this heading to retrieve a list of additional titles which are directly relevant to the Civil War and which feature primary source material.