CFCC Official College Standards and Graphics Guidelines
In order to help maintain a consistent graphic identity, the CFCC Marketing and Public Relations Office has established a set official college standards that must be used when developing official college publications, marketing materials, advertisements, brochures, flyers, web pages, signs and related materials.
College web pages, publications, brochures, signs and promotional materials must adhere to official college standards.
If you would like to suggest a design that strays from the established guidelines, the design must be approved by Publications Office before it is produced. All college logos are trademarked and may not be used or altered without written permission from the Marketing and Public Relations Office.
Before designing a document:
- Plan to take twice as much time as you think it will take to write, edit, design and reproduce your piece. It always takes longer than you think.
- Ask these questions:
- What is the purpose of the brochure?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is the text written in a way that the intended audience will understand?
- How will the piece be distributed?
- How many do I need?
- If you have any questions, please consult with Publications Office.
If you choose to design a document yourself, please follow these guidelines:
- All materials must contain an approved version of the official college logo in the correct aspect ratio. The college logo should not be altered in any way. Tip: When scaling the logo, hold down the SHIFT key while stretching the logo using the corner handles.
- Use official college colors – Blue (Pantone 541 c) and white should be the most prominent. Secondary and tertiary colors should be used only as accent colors.
|Blue Pantone 541 c||RGB 0, 93, 171||HEX #00477F|
|Silver Pantone 877 c||RGB 132, 136, 139||HEX #84888B|
|White||RGB 255,255,255||HEX #FFFFFF|
|Light Blue||RGB 72, 157, 215||HEX #489DD7|
|25% 541c Blue||RGB 191, 207, 218||HEX #bfcfda|
|Yellow||RGB 255, 190, 54||HEX #FFBE36|
|Brick||RGB 153, 61, 30||HEX #993D1E|
|Sage||RGB 77, 150, 665||HEX #4D9665|
- Use black ink for the body of the text.
- For marketing or promotional pieces, less text is more.
- Avoid using more then two different typefaces in the same document
- Use photos and artwork that directly relate to your text
- Do not use pictures or artwork that are copyrighted – Just because they are on the Internet, doesn’t mean they are not copyrighted.
- Official college photos can be found in the college’s Photoshelter photo archive page.