Mathematics and Physical Education Department
Mathematics and Physical Education are central disciplines to both the Associates Degree and College Transfer curriculum and to the varied degree programs at CFCC. The combined department at Cape Fear Community College offers educational programs which attempt to exploit the interrelations of mathematics and physical education courses. The Department’s faculty and support staff are of moderate size — large enough to support a substantial curriculum that is comprehensive in its offerings; yet small enough to allow individual advising and instruction.
The department’s main offices are at the Downtown or Main Campus on the sixth floor of the McLeod Building (S Building) Room 602. The McLeod building is at the corner of Walnut and North Front Streets, adjacent to the Galehouse or A Building on North Front Street. We invite you to stop by with any questions and visit. Students are encouraged to drop by our offices anytime they need curriculum worksheets, help with advising, details of an instructor’s schedule, or to speak with the chair of the department. We are here to serve the needs of all students at CFCC.
The Mathematics and Physical Education Department supports the MISSION of Cape Fear Community College that states
As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, Cape Fear Community College fully supports the system mission and fulfills its purposes by:
- Focusing on vocational, technical, pre-baccalaureate, literacy education, and continuing education programs and services;
- Recruiting, enrolling, advising and retaining a diverse student body;
- Recruiting, retaining and developing a highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to quality education and service to the College and the community;
- Evaluating existing programs and implementing new curricula and instructional strategies to serve the changing needs of the service area;
- Providing support services that help students succeed;
- Enhancing student life through clubs, cultural activities, leadership opportunities, and athletics; and
- Interacting and cooperating with others to encourage, promote and facilitate economic and community development.
Cape Fear Community College provides:
- Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
- Lifelong Learning
- Workforce Development
- Personal and Cultural Enrichment
- Customized Training
- Comprehensive Student Support
- Developmental Education and Adult Basic Skills
- Aggressive Economic Development
- Accessible Education Including Distance Learning
To support this mission, the Department provides quality instruction in all levels of mathematics and physical education courses for all vocational-technical and university-transfer programs that require such courses at CFCC. This also includes quality instruction in developmental mathematics courses designed to prepare students for their chosen programs. The faculty, staff, and administration of the Department are committed to the success of students and the furtherance of mathematics, physical education, and education in general.