The Mathematics, Physical Education, and Engineering Department supports the mission of Cape Fear Community College. Cape Fear Community College is an open door, multi-campus, comprehensive community college that strengthens the academic, economic, social and cultural life of the citizens of New Hanover and Pender counties.
As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, Cape Fear Community College fully supports the system mission and fulfills its purposes by:
- Focusing on vocational, technical, pre-baccalaureate, literacy education, and continuing education programs and services;
- Recruiting, enrolling, advising and retaining a diverse student body;
- Recruiting, retaining and developing a highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to quality education and service to the College and the community;
- Evaluating existing programs and implementing new curricula and instructional strategies to serve the changing needs of the service area;
- Providing support services that help students succeed;
- Enhancing student life through clubs, cultural activities, leadership opportunities, and athletics; and
- Interacting and cooperating with others to encourage, promote and facilitate economic and community development.